Gpu temperature is high with 0% load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan3s

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
My gpu temperature is high with 0% load dont why temperature were normal before as its stick to 36-37.
And now : http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/13/01/19/7gb.png

Need help my freinds cause when i play game with this temps gpu start heating up and even cross 80c it was going more high but then suddenly my game crashed with some error.Am using GTX 660 now and its start happening from today it was normal before.

Solution
I would check for dust, but your card is not hitting idle clock speeds so it will be hot.

Have you set the Nvidia control panels power management mode to Adaptive or Prefer Maximum Performance. This(performance mode) may keep the card clocked higher if anything is using it. This includes video players(and flash/html5 video) and web browsers with hardware acceleration.

This would only explain the Higher idle clock speeds.

If you turn on Vsync in your games(or Nvidia Control Panel), if the card is more then powerful enough(for the given game), it will actually cool down as it will work less hard.

mace200200

Honorable
Did you change your fan speed curve on accident perhaps? It could also be a build up of dust, you should check and clean it out. 80C I think is about average for a 660 under load, my friends will usually sit right around there, and he doesn't have any side intake fans or anything.

I would check for dust, but your card is not hitting idle clock speeds so it will be hot.

Have you set the Nvidia control panels power management mode to Adaptive or Prefer Maximum Performance. This(performance mode) may keep the card clocked higher if anything is using it. This includes video players(and flash/html5 video) and web browsers with hardware acceleration.

This would only explain the Higher idle clock speeds.

If you turn on Vsync in your games(or Nvidia Control Panel), if the card is more then powerful enough(for the given game), it will actually cool down as it will work less hard.

Solution

Jan3s

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011

Really Really thank you man ... Power managment in nvidia control panel was set to prefer maximum performance and my browser was making trouble then i changed it too adaptive after then HORRAY! Everything is back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS