reptilej

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
ok, i am getting a P4 systme with rambus. the problme is that the place i was going to buy from doesn't have samsung brand memory(rather they have corsair,kingston, and house brand). is there a big difference? should i find another place so that ic an get the samsung memory?

repeat after me, we are all individuals!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Rather, you are getting a P4 system with RDRAM.

Samsung is the best, but I've heard good things about Corsair too. Get Samsung if it's not too much effort and you can be sure to get double-sided. Otherwise, just grab some Corsair, and try to get double-sided.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

FatBurger

Illustrious
A local store.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
googlegear.com has rdram double-sided last time I looked
lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my north AND south bridges for trolls</font color=blue>

reptilej

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
does 8 device mean single sided and 16 device mean double sided? if not, then how can you tell if it's double or single sided.

repeat after me, we are all individuals!

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
you can use the part number to find out .. I do believe the 16 device is double sided BTW

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my north AND south bridges for trolls</font color=blue>