Sign in with
Your question

Is this graphic card worth it?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 19, 2013 7:46:42 PM

My friends selling a Sapphire vapour-X 5770 for £50.
is that a good offer?

my specs are,

8gb ddr3
i5 3470
ASRock B75M-GL Intel B75

With the gpu will i be able to run battlefield 3 in ultra with a good fps? and skyrim in ultra?
Is it worth £50?

More about : graphic card worth

January 19, 2013 7:51:24 PM

That's a bit much for an old 5770 mate I would offer him 35 or 40 max for it. You will not be running any modern games on that card at ultra unless you have a real low rez monitor. You will be able to run BF3 on Med with a small amount of AA on that card and Skyrim should run on high not Ultra.
January 19, 2013 7:56:57 PM

okay, thanks :/  how much would it be to buy it brand new now? if there even selling it.
Related resources
January 19, 2013 8:01:54 PM

and could you recommend me a gpu ? quite cheap around £80 - £100. i just need something to play bf3 and skyrim in ultra :/  if you can even buy a gpu for that price and be able to play that
a c 87 U Graphics card
January 19, 2013 8:02:50 PM

They're about $90 for a refurb, looks like - keep in mind that's hiked because the only people interested in them now are people looking to buy a second one to crossfire with.

On ebay you can buy a pair of them for $90.

Erm, you're not even going to come close to finding a card that can play bf3 or skyrim in ultra for that cost. (Those are some of the more graphically intensive games you could have named.)

The best card in your price range for you would be the 7750.

What resolution are you playing at? That'll tell us how much the 7750 can do for you and what card you'd need to run BF3 and Skyrim.
January 19, 2013 8:17:28 PM

DarkSable said:
They're about $90 for a refurb, looks like - keep in mind that's hiked because the only people interested in them now are people looking to buy a second one to crossfire with.

On ebay you can buy a pair of them for $90.

Erm, you're not even going to come close to finding a card that can play bf3 or skyrim in ultra for that cost. (Those are some of the more graphically intensive games you could have named.)

The best card in your price range for you would be the 7750.

What resolution are you playing at? That'll tell us how much the 7750 can do for you and what card you'd need to run BF3 and Skyrim.

my resoulsion is 1280 x 1024
a b U Graphics card
January 19, 2013 8:39:29 PM

Try this
1.Right-click on "Computer" icon and select manage.
2.This will launch the Microsoft Management Console.
3.On the left side of the MMC, click on "Disk Management" and it will show you all of the partitions.
4.Right-click on the "HP Recovery" partition and select "Mark as Active Partition."
5.When the warning prompt appears, select "Yes" - Reboot the notebook and it will automatically boot into the Recovery Manager (without having to press F11).
January 19, 2013 8:41:47 PM

tenaciousk said:
Try this
1.Right-click on "Computer" icon and select manage.
2.This will launch the Microsoft Management Console.
3.On the left side of the MMC, click on "Disk Management" and it will show you all of the partitions.
4.Right-click on the "HP Recovery" partition and select "Mark as Active Partition."
5.When the warning prompt appears, select "Yes" - Reboot the notebook and it will automatically boot into the Recovery Manager (without having to press F11).

I think you posted on wrong thread
a b U Graphics card
January 19, 2013 9:05:46 PM

If you want to play BF3 and Skyrim on ultra settings, then you need a better card - I will give the AMD and Nvidia cards minimum options:

AMD Graphics Card HD 6950
Nvidia Graphics Card GTX 580

EDIT: Mind that you may need a brand new PSU in order to run those cards.

!