Run game from CD or DVD?

Dear Newsgroup,
I've been looking on the net for a way to run a pc game from a cd or dvd.
Most of the results include saving the game on your hard drive, which is
preferable over installing and running from disk, but does anyone know if it
is possible to run pc games from a cd or dvd without installing?

Not really! Most computer games have files that constantly change,
depending on your game options and which level you are on. Most games only
require the CD/DVD disc in order to load the enviroment (ie: screens).

"dantsmith14" <dantsmith14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear Newsgroup,
> I've been looking on the net for a way to run a pc game from a cd or dvd.
> Most of the results include saving the game on your hard drive, which is
> preferable over installing and running from disk, but does anyone know if
> it
> is possible to run pc games from a cd or dvd without installing?

Hi Dantsmith14,

"dantsmith14" <dantsmith14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34220EBC-7ED4-4032-9EA2-DE7B00C5F5EE@microsoft.com...
| Dear Newsgroup,
| I've been looking on the net for a way to run a pc game from a cd or dvd.
| Most of the results include saving the game on your hard drive, which is
| preferable over installing and running from disk, but does anyone know if it
| is possible to run pc games from a cd or dvd without installing?

The short answer is no. Games are written in such a way that they need
to be installed to the hard drive. The game then only uses the CD to verify
that you do indeed own an "original" version of that game.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

TRENDING THREADS