Nokia 66XX 2G option available for 3 available

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

The usual 3UK call dropping and call failing has prompted users to find ways
to lock 3 UK supplied handsets to their roaming partner (02) to get decent
call reliability whilst paying cheap 3 contract prices.

For a list of the places where you can download software to allow the 66XX
series to lock to 2G click on the link below.

http://www.talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1111

--
http://www.talk3g.co.uk - The Independent 3G Discussion Forum

We wont try and sell you anything!!
5 answers Last reply
More about nokia 66xx option available
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:08:30 +0000 (UTC), "www.talk3g.co.uk"
    <admin@talk3g.co.uk> wrote:

    >The usual 3UK call dropping and call failing has prompted users to find ways
    >to lock 3 UK supplied handsets to their roaming partner (02) to get decent
    >call reliability whilst paying cheap 3 contract prices.
    >
    >For a list of the places where you can download software to allow the 66XX
    >series to lock to 2G click on the link below.
    >
    >http://www.talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1111

    - thanks for publishing my auction on your forum. I have had many
    happy customers of this product and I will continue to list it as long
    as people are buying it. I have had many happy customers around the
    World - furthest so far is Melbourne, Australia.
    Perthaps you should highlight the problem your forum readers will
    encounter if they continue to use a Three phone locked onto O2 as they
    all seem to think its great and the way to go to get cheap calls and
    good service. I have highlighted this is my auction so everyone is
    aware of the possible problem if they abuse it.
    I also provide full backup and support in using this file which many
    download sites do not - they just provide the file and leave it to you
    and with such a program you could easily bust your phone.

    If you dont know what I am refering to re the possible problems
    perhaps you should not be moderating a forum and advertising such
    items....

    PS Your other download link is faulty.....

    Chris P Bacon
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    I know full well what you refer to but it is very hard for 3 to track
    legitimate handset use in terms of roaming. There have been some scre
    stories around but no widespead feedback re 3's action with regard to this.
    Remember that in a lot of the country 3 have no coverage yet stll supply a
    service via 02, Scottish Highlands, Wales, Borders etc - just look at the
    map.

    BTW The software is now availble for download directly from the site listed
    below for anyone who wants it.

    Regards...

    --
    www.talk3g.co.uk - The Independent UK 3G Forum

    Come and join us - We won't try and sell you anything!!

    "Chris P Bacon" <andy.haigh@XbreatheX.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:08:30 +0000 (UTC), "www.talk3g.co.uk"
    > <admin@talk3g.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>The usual 3UK call dropping and call failing has prompted users to find
    >>ways
    >>to lock 3 UK supplied handsets to their roaming partner (02) to get decent
    >>call reliability whilst paying cheap 3 contract prices.
    >>
    >>For a list of the places where you can download software to allow the 66XX
    >>series to lock to 2G click on the link below.
    >>
    >>http://www.talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1111
    >

    > - thanks for publishing my auction on your forum. I have had many
    > happy customers of this product and I will continue to list it as long
    > as people are buying it. I have had many happy customers around the
    > World - furthest so far is Melbourne, Australia.
    > Perthaps you should highlight the problem your forum readers will
    > encounter if they continue to use a Three phone locked onto O2 as they
    > all seem to think its great and the way to go to get cheap calls and
    > good service. I have highlighted this is my auction so everyone is
    > aware of the possible problem if they abuse it.
    > I also provide full backup and support in using this file which many
    > download sites do not - they just provide the file and leave it to you
    > and with such a program you could easily bust your phone.
    >
    > If you dont know what I am refering to re the possible problems
    > perhaps you should not be moderating a forum and advertising such
    > items....
    >
    > PS Your other download link is faulty.....
    >

    > Chris P Bacon
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    <admin@talk3g.co.uk> wrote:

    >The usual 3UK call dropping and call failing has prompted users to find ways
    >to lock 3 UK supplied handsets to their roaming partner (02) to get decent
    >call reliability whilst paying cheap 3 contract prices.
    >
    >For a list of the places where you can download software to allow the 66XX
    >series to lock to 2G click on the link below.
    >
    >http://www.talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1111

    not everyone has the call dropping on 3. I for example have been with
    3 for 7 months and had no problems with calls.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    Chris P Bacon wrote:

    > - thanks for publishing my auction on your forum. I have had many
    > happy customers of this product and I will continue to list it as long
    > as people are buying it. I have had many happy customers around the
    > World - furthest so far is Melbourne, Australia.
    > Perthaps you should highlight the problem your forum readers will
    > encounter if they continue to use a Three phone locked onto O2 as they
    > all seem to think its great and the way to go to get cheap calls and
    > good service. I have highlighted this is my auction so everyone is
    > aware of the possible problem if they abuse it.
    > I also provide full backup and support in using this file which many
    > download sites do not - they just provide the file and leave it to you
    > and with such a program you could easily bust your phone.
    >
    > If you dont know what I am refering to re the possible problems
    > perhaps you should not be moderating a forum and advertising such
    > items....
    >
    > PS Your other download link is faulty.....
    >

    > Chris P Bacon

    Crispy bacon, very good. Only just got that.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    <admin@talk3g.co.uk> wrote:

    >The usual 3UK call dropping and call failing has prompted users to find ways
    >to lock 3 UK supplied handsets to their roaming partner (02) to get decent
    >call reliability whilst paying cheap 3 contract prices.
    >
    >For a list of the places where you can download software to allow the 66XX
    >series to lock to 2G click on the link below.
    >
    >http://www.talk3g.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1111

    I have just about finished my first 12 months with Three and already
    taken out another Three contract so your 'call dropping and call
    failing' is not a problem for everybody like you try to make out

    Chris P Bacon

Nokia Mobile