i have a mercury kvm266pm_u mainboard with no game port, connected is a
genius sound maker 5.1 audio card with a gameport . i am using xp and have
had no luck in getting the game port to work. any help would be gratefull

Hi Kenny,

"kenny carle" <k.s.carle@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:%23SQKhFXtFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
|i have a mercury kvm266pm_u mainboard with no game port, connected is a
| genius sound maker 5.1 audio card with a gameport . i am using xp and have
| had no luck in getting the game port to work. any help would be gratefull

Sound card game ports have a 50/50 chance of working with any given
game controller.. your money would have been better spent buying a USB
game controller instead. However visit www.geniusnet.com and download
the latest drivers available for your Sound Maker 5.1 to see if they improve
the functionality of your sound card's game port, and then use Control Panel/
Game Controllers to detect and configure your game controller.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User