Problem with new build

theshriekingnight

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
I'm having problems with my new build. I set up everything, seems like everything is properly plugged in but I am getting no video feed and the motherboard speaker is making a constant beeeeeeeeeeeeeep. When I turn on the computer all the fans and cpu cooler are running and the fan on the video card is running. When I take out the video card there is no beep, when it's plugged into the mobo and turned on is the only time I get the beep. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Specs:
I5-3570k
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H mobo
MSI Radeon HD 7770 Ghz edition
Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb ram
WD Caviar Black 1 tb
Cooler master 500w psu
Thermaltake V3 Black edition case

theshriekingnight

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Yeah I plugged in the 6 pin connector, annnnd not that I know of, I've tried plugging the monitor into both the mobo output and the video card output and haven't gotten any video feed. There is no beep when the video card isn't plugged in.

theshriekingnight

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Yeah, originally I did follow that troubleshooting guide. I took it apart a few times. Finally I just stared at it for like 5 minutes trying to think what I would be missing, took it apart one more time and it just worked. Got a quick little beep from the mobo speaker and that was it. It's working fine now.

mikerockett

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012

Sometimes it can be little things that can be hard to notice. A quick rebuild i always a good shout as it an catch areas you might otherwise miss.

Glad you got it fixed though.