Sign in with
Your question

Crossfire

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 20, 2013 8:00:14 AM

hi all! i was wondering a couple of things, can i crossfire one amd radeon 7870 with a 7850!? also i wonder wether a 675w psu is enough for that? thanks for your time!

More about : crossfire

a b U Graphics card
January 20, 2013 8:07:13 AM

For your first question the answer is yes. The psu would have to be a quality one. I recommend one of at least 700w but i am the type that likes to have headroom and may not ever use it.
m
l
January 21, 2013 4:04:50 AM

helper800 said:
For your first question the answer is yes. The psu would have to be a quality one. I recommend one of at least 700w but i am the type that likes to have headroom and may not ever use it.

yeah i have a thermaltake toughpower xt 675w. it's supposed to be great but now that i think about it it only talks about sli........ maybe i can't even use it in crossfire!?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2013 6:12:36 AM

misfitkid86 said:
yeah i have a thermaltake toughpower xt 675w. it's supposed to be great but now that i think about it it only talks about sli........ maybe i can't even use it in crossfire!?

I think that particular PSU is certified to do SLI but just because it is not certified to do Crossfire does not mean that it cant. =D
m
l
January 21, 2013 6:45:25 AM

helper800 said:
I think that particular PSU is certified to do SLI but just because it is not certified to do Crossfire does not mean that it cant. =D

ah, hmmm, something to dig deeper o i suppose!
m
l
!