Asus hd 6670 2gb ddr3 memory clock is showing 900 why

Status
Not open for further replies.

alimazari

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
heloo every one i ve bought an asus hd 6670 2gb ddr3 its memory clock is 1800 on box and on internet as well but on my pc it is showing 900 mh why plz help me my pc is a ddr 2 pc is this the or if when i will use this card on ddr3 system will it turn to 1800 mh help plz

Solution
Didn't you understand my previous explanation? That is normal. 900MHZ is 1800MHZ doubled, which is how you interpret DDR memory. Data is transferred twice with each cycle. Your system is working correctly at 1800MHZ.

alimazari_88

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
hi now i ve bought an ddr 3 pc asus p5p41t le ram 4gb ddr 3 processor 2.8 cor2due but the card s same asus hd 6670 2gb ddr 3 even now it is showing memory speed 900 is it ok or is their anything i can do to increase it remember on box it is 1800 mhz

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Didn't you understand my previous explanation? That is normal. 900MHZ is 1800MHZ doubled, which is how you interpret DDR memory. Data is transferred twice with each cycle. Your system is working correctly at 1800MHZ.

Solution

alimazari_88

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Thanks now i get it and one more thing my processore is 2.8 dor2due now i ve overclocked it to maximum and its current frequency is 3.36 and in win 7 64 its previous rating was 6.4 and after overclocking it is 6.8 is it ok it is working good better then before wht should i do should i let it be or make it default

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

When you say 'it is working good'... do you mean you have run Prime95 or some other stress testing pgm for at least an hour and watched that the temps did not exceed the CPU's max limit? And the stress testing pgm did not return any errors?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The longer you run your processor at O/C speeds, the shorter the lifespan may be. Depending on what you had to do to get to that speed. Increasing the voltage is probably the hardest on the processor. If you don't need the extra speed the O/C gives, back off to default for everyday tasks.

Here is a good 'quick' pgm to judge your O/C stability: Intel Burn Test.
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4965-intelburntest.html

alimazari_88

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
ok sir thx now i am playing the latest game crysis 3 it is running perfect on mediam settings with out AA but when i increase its settings games starts hangs a bit my hardrives is 250 gb and its ratings in win 7 64 bit is 5.6 i think those lacks are because of my HDD sir give ma any suggestion about the problem or wht should i do and i am playing farcry 3 on ultra settings and AA is turned of game is running smoothly but on some places like driveing in car it lacks a bit tell me whts the reason

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
You are at the max capability of your HD 6670 DDR3 graphic card. That is all it is capable of. The problem of lack of smooth frame rates at higher settings is due to the fact that the card cannot keep up. Your hard drive has NO effect on your gaming frame rate. All mechanical HDDs top out at 5.6 on W.E.I. (WEI is not a good rating system for gaming anyway)

Your ability to play at high settings is dependent on these 3 things in this order:
1) Your graphic card's capability
2) Your CPU's capability
3) The speed of your memory, and to some extent the amount.

Here is a hierarchy chart of gaming graphic cards: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html
And here is a comparison application you can use to compare 2 cards against each other: http://www.hwcompare.com/

What processor do you have?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Your processor also is about maxed out for gaming at any higher settings with a demanding game such as Crysis 3. Here is a hierarchy chart of processors based on their gaming capabilities: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-5.html

While your CPU and GPU are well balanced for each other, to get any frame rate improvement in demanding games such as Crysis 3, you will need to upgrade. You might be able to go up to an HD 7750 or even an HD 7770 before you experience any severe 'bottle neck' due to your 2.8GHZ C2D processor.

The resolution you run your games at will also make a difference in the frame rate you can achieve. What resolution is your display?

alimazari_88

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
well my desktop resolution is 1024 bye 768 and it can support 1600bye 1280 max so if i buy an cor2 quad 2.6 6mb cache q9400 model will it make a good difference in gaming and crysis 3 is runing on 1024bye 768

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Actually, I was referring to your monitor's resolution. What is your monitor's native resolution?
I didn't think anybody still gamed at 1024x768. No wonder you can get medium settings to provide decent frame rates with Crysis3. If you are happy gaming at that low resolution, I would suggest upgrading the gfx card before the processor. That will make the most difference for the money.
Use that graphics card hierarchy chart and find your HD 6670 DDR3*. Then move up the list until you get at least 3 tiers above your card. That is where you should start looking to find one that will make a noticeable difference.

* there's also an HD 6670 DDR5 in the list. don't confuse the two.

alimazari_88

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
YEAH i know that but now i am planing to buy nvidia inno3d GTX 550 TI 1GB it is way too power then my asus hd 6670 2gb i even more powerful then 6770 ddr5 1 gb inno3d gtx 550 ti specs are below
CUDA cores 192
Graphics Clock (MHz) 920
Processor Clock (MHz) 1840MHz
Memory Clock (MHz) 4100MHz
Memory Amount 1GB DDR5
Memory Interface 192-bit
Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 98.4
Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 28.8
wht do u thing is it more powerful its a good card in my opinion

alimazari_88

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Well my moniters lowest reolution in win 7 is 800bye600 and highest is 1600by 1200 and some of my friends are saying that if u buy an lcd your games will work better then in your moniter if it right or wrong give some suggestions

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
1600x1200... OK, I understand now. You have a 1600x1200 CRT monitor. That is a good resolution for gaming, although the old 4:3 squarish display must be like wearing blinders in a game designed for wide screen. I would get a faster card and run Windows and your games at that resolution. Your 2.8GHZ C2D will give you good frame rates at that resolution with a faster card.

About the GTX 550ti...
It is in the same tier as the HD 6770 according to the hierarchy chart I linked you to. But it is a major upgrade to the HD 6750 w/DDR3 VRAM. Either the 550ti or the 6770 would be adequate for high-ish settings at 1600x1200 resolution in most games.

Now, on to the monitor question...
The only thing wrong with gaming on a monitor with a 4:3 aspect ratio, is that you lose the beauty and extra visual real estate available with a wide-screen (16:10, 16x9) LCD/LED monitor. And yes, your friends are correct; gaming on a higher resolution wide screen monitor makes for a better looking game environment. You will feel like you took off the blinders. You will see more area of the game with your peripheral vision. And all of today's games are written for the wide screen displays. But keep in mind, the higher the resolution, the more powerful the gfx card needs to be to maintain fast, smooth frame rates.

If you stay with your 1600x1200 CRT monitor and run games at that resolution, don't waste your money on anything less than the 550ti/6770. Maybe go even a step above. But if you continue to play at lower resolution than that, those cards will be more than enough.

alimazari_88

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
hmm ok now i ve plugged a chase fan but it is quit noisy its rpm is around 3400 how can i controll its speed manually any software i already have speed fan with it i can control my cpu fan not chase fan help it is too noisy i dont like it

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

If the case fan is plugged into the motherboard, you can control it with the settings in BIOS. Which motherboard do you have?
Btw, 3400RPM is a very fast RPM for a case fan. What size fan is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.