Closed

Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines crashes to desktop.

I have no idea what the problem is. I don't get an error message or anything.
The screen goes black for half a second and then right back to the desktop. I
am clueless as to what the problem is. My system meets the system
requirements...I think. I have an HP Pavillion Entertainment Notebook dv1000.
I can run other games like Farcry, Warcraft3, and so on. Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about vampire masquerade bloodlines crashes desktop

    There should be an error message in the 'Computer Management'. To open:
    right click 'my computer, on your desktop. Choose 'manage'. Click on
    'event viewer', click on 'application'. You should find an error message
    there. Double click it and you might be able to click on the link provided.

    "Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have no idea what the problem is. I don't get an error message or
    >anything.
    > The screen goes black for half a second and then right back to the
    > desktop. I
    > am clueless as to what the problem is. My system meets the system
    > requirements...I think. I have an HP Pavillion Entertainment Notebook
    > dv1000.
    > I can run other games like Farcry, Warcraft3, and so on. Thanks.

    Have you tried updating your video drivers?
    http://www.windowsresource.net/guides/drivers.php

    --
    Paul Smith,
    Yeovil, UK.

    *Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*
  3. The problem is with DirectX. Drop to DOS, run dxdiag, go to 'more help' and override the refresh rate to set it to 60hz. I guess the old DirectX had this set as default when the game was manufactured but newer versions require you to force this setting.
  4. deactivete all of deamon tools emulation options and it works :D have fun

    P.S. i had the same problem :sol:
  5. I have the exact same problem and its always in the same place. Whenever I finish the society of Leopold mission as as you hop on the boat and it flicks off onto the load page it ends up crashing on me after it has loaded. even with an updated directX. This would only happen if I used the desktop shortcut of the game. Now that I have it on a windows 7 I am still getting it though I can no longer find my way around it like I did last time by using the shortcut both in the tabs and when the disk is first placed in the cd drive.
  6. This topic has been closed by Aford10

Desktops Games Windows XP