Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

New gaming build

Last response: in Systems
Share
March 10, 2013 6:46:54 AM

I am looking to build a new gaming computer and am thinking of the following-

Intel Core i7 3770K- http://www.flipkart.com/intel-3-5-ghz-lga-1155-core-i7-...

Asus Maximus V Formula- http://www.flipkart.com/asus-maximus-v-formula-motherbo...
or,
AS ROCK Z77 OC Formula- http://www.flipkart.com/asrock-z77-oc-formula-motherboa...

16 GB GSKILL Ripjawsx 1600 Mhz- http://www.flipkart.com/m/g-skill-ripjawsx-ddr3-16-gb-2...

Lite-on Blu Ray Burner- http://www.flipkart.com/liteon-ihbs312-blu-ray-burner-i...
and
Asus DVD Writer- http://www.flipkart.com/asus-drw-24b3st-dvd-burner-inte... or, Transend DVD Writer- http://www.flipkart.com/transcend-slim-portable-cd-dvd-...

Corsair Force GT 480 GB- http://www.snapdeal.com/product/corsair-force-series-gt... and Kingston SSD Now 120 GB- http://www.snapdeal.com/product/kingston-ssdnow-v200-sv... and Seagate Barracuda 3 TB 7200 RPM- http://www.flipkart.com/seagate-barracuda-3-tb-desktop-...

Evga GTX TITAN x2 Sli- http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BIUKH04/ref=redir_mdp_... or, ASUS GTX TITAN x2 Sli- http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BJ7AJ7C/ref=redir_mdp_...

Please suggest me a monitor for 3 multi monitor gaming, 7.1 speakers, a sound card, gaming Keyboard and mouse, Psu for cpu, ups, and a gaming joystick. Any help would be appreciated. Please help!!!
Is the Ares II and GTX 690 better than Titan and is the Ares II still available?

More about : gaming build

a c 247 4 Gaming
March 10, 2013 7:05:05 AM

No need for an i7 on a gaming rig, get an i5-3570K instead: http://www.flipkart.com/intel-3-4-ghz-lga-1155-core-i5-...

Better SSD: http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-840-250-gb-ssd-internal...

You don't really need 16GB of RAM or a motherboard that expensive. Get 8GB and this motherboard: http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Gigabyte+GA-Z77M-D3H+...

You also don't need BD-R on a PC, if it's games you want don't bother. BD-R gaming on a PC is most likely never going to happen. Everything is moving toward cloud computing and streaming, there's no need for anything else. Even BF3 which takes a good 25GB on a drive doesn't come on a BD-R. It comes on a disc with a downloading online option. BD-R movies on a PC, you have to add playback software, which isn't included in the drives, and that costs an extra ₹ 5430 (USD $100) per license so take that into account.

As for monitor that's kind of out in the open - a lot of people have their own opinions on monitors - if you have the money it's best to invest in a 1440p setup. But that can get really costly.
a b 4 Gaming
March 10, 2013 7:40:12 AM

What size monitors? 24" or 27" ? 1440 or 1200 or 1080p.?

Razr makes great mechanical keyboards. Mouse is very personal. Gotta try it in a store to get a feel.
Related resources
March 10, 2013 7:48:46 AM

I want atleast 27" and 1440p 120hz
March 10, 2013 8:11:35 AM

Can anyone tell me why everytime i try to post a new thread or reply to a post then why does it show that toms is unavailable and to try again. So i try again and then find that every thread and post is there.
March 10, 2013 8:18:19 AM

if you are using opera mini then it happens

solution/adjustment is that whenever you post a reply it will say "site not available" then visit that page again or press back button and then refresh the page to see your post

and in case of creating new thread, close that "site not available" tab and revisit that section of the forum to see your thread.

and your rig :o  what is your budget and place ?
March 10, 2013 8:37:40 AM

Yup, i was using opera mini and about the rig. My budget for everything is Rs 7, 50000 or about 13500$. I live in India
March 10, 2013 8:46:16 AM

Actually, i won the money in a lottery. I won the eight prize there and now i am thinking of building a new rig!
March 10, 2013 8:51:50 AM

g-unit1111 said:
No need for an i7 on a gaming rig, get an i5-3570K instead: http://www.flipkart.com/intel-3-4-ghz-lga-1155-core-i5-...

Better SSD: http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-840-250-gb-ssd-internal...

You don't really need 16GB of RAM or a motherboard that expensive. Get 8GB and this motherboard: http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Gigabyte+GA-Z77M-D3H+...

You also don't need BD-R on a PC, if it's games you want don't bother. BD-R gaming on a PC is most likely never going to happen. Everything is moving toward cloud computing and streaming, there's no need for anything else. Even BF3 which takes a good 25GB on a drive doesn't come on a BD-R. It comes on a disc with a downloading online option. BD-R movies on a PC, you have to add playback software, which isn't included in the drives, and that costs an extra ₹ 5430 (USD $100) per license so take that into account.

As for monitor that's kind of out in the open - a lot of people have their own opinions on monitors - if you have the money it's best to invest in a 1440p setup. But that can get really costly.


Proce$or and Ram is final but i think i will go with that motherboard but i will be doing SLI so i need a motherboard that has 2 PCIE 3.0 X16 SLOTS and i will also be wat2hing movies so the BLU RAY Drive
March 10, 2013 9:05:14 AM

SuperGamerBoy said:
Yup, i was using opera mini and about the rig. My budget for everything is Rs 7, 50000 or about 13500$. I live in India




thats out of my scope :whistle: 
for gamming rig, i only recommend upto i5-3570k with maximus 5 gene z and hd7970 ghz edition crossfire or asus aries2 :D 

other members will be able to suggest you better/higher end rig :p 
a b 4 Gaming
March 10, 2013 9:55:47 AM

SuperGamerBoy said:
Actually, i won the money in a lottery. I won the eight prize there and now i am thinking of building a new rig!

I've come acrossa post like this before. Won lottery... what should I buy? In post, OP posts and doesn't reply but people comment like crazy.... kinda funny.

I'm now a doubter.
a b 4 Gaming
March 10, 2013 11:30:26 AM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • New gaming rig
    March 10, 2013 12:20:59 PM

    All right new plans for rig-
    i5 3570K
    8 GB 1866 MHZ
    Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD3H
    256 gb OCZ Vector + Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 7200 RPM
    Dvd Writer
    Evga GTX 670 FTW+ 4 GB
    Cooler Master Haf 932
    CM 212 Evo

    And about the budget. I mistakely added a zero. Actually my budget is Rs 75000 for the CPU excluding the graphics card
    March 10, 2013 12:46:00 PM

    And what do you all recommend for the Psu
    March 10, 2013 12:58:23 PM

    And is cm haf 932 a good case
    March 10, 2013 1:23:23 PM

    And is cm haf 932 a good case or should i go for haf 912 or something else
    March 10, 2013 3:29:22 PM

    Yes almost anything from coolermaster's case's are good.
    a c 247 4 Gaming
    March 11, 2013 2:09:00 AM

    SuperGamerBoy said:
    Proce$or and Ram is final but i think i will go with that motherboard but i will be doing SLI so i need a motherboard that has 2 PCIE 3.0 X16 SLOTS and i will also be wat2hing movies so the BLU RAY Drive


    Keep in mind that the playback software is ridiculously expensive. And it is incredibly picky with displays and doesn't always work.
    March 11, 2013 11:51:11 PM

    I already said that i changed my mind about Blu-Ray.
    March 12, 2013 1:55:45 AM

    Are Cooler Master Psus good? I heard that they output less than half of the given power.
    March 12, 2013 2:11:51 AM

    Are Cooler Master Psus good? I heard that they output less than half of the given power.
    March 12, 2013 1:36:07 PM

    Just get a seasonic and call it a day.
    March 12, 2013 1:41:09 PM

    Seasonic X-Series 850/1050W is fine.
    March 12, 2013 7:09:21 PM

    Are Cooler Master Psus good? I heard that they output less than half of the given power.
    March 13, 2013 12:06:21 AM

    Outputting half of the given power is terrible.
    March 13, 2013 12:29:07 AM

    Yea, the 750W version of that PSU is fine, even if you decide to SLI later on.
    March 13, 2013 12:58:28 AM

    All right then i will get the AX850 and what case should i pick?
    March 13, 2013 12:59:30 AM

    Other things have been decided. Now, the only thing left is the case!
    March 13, 2013 11:41:51 AM

    NZXT, Cooler Master, Corsair etc. cases are fine.
    a c 247 4 Gaming
    March 13, 2013 5:24:12 PM

    SuperGamerBoy said:
    Are Cooler Master Psus good? I heard that they output less than half of the given power.


    Yes that and they repeatedly lie about the components used. I agree with the poster who said just get a Seasonic.

    Quote:

    Other things have been decided. Now, the only thing left is the case!


    Depends on how much you want to spend. Here's what I recommend:

    $50 - $75: Antec 300 Illusion, Corsair 200R, Corsair 300R, NZXT Source 210, Cooler Master HAF 912

    $75 - $100: NZXT Phantom 410, Cooler Master HAF 922, Fractal Design Arc MIDI, Antec P280

    $100 - $125: NZXT Phantom original, Corsair 500R, Fractal Design Define R4, Cooler Master HAF XM

    $125 - $150+: Azza Hurrican 2000, NZXT Switch 810, Silverstone RV02B, Corsair Obsidian 550D, Cooler Master Storm Stryker, Lian Li A75, NZXT Phantom 630
    March 13, 2013 6:16:17 PM

    All right, i am thinking of the Cooler Master Haf 932 dor Haf 912 but do these cases have good airflow and is it big enough for SLI Asus GTX 680 Direct CUII TOP 2 slot 4 gb which is a very large card.
    March 13, 2013 6:21:30 PM

    Currently, i am going for 1 gtx 680 and then i am thinking of putting another one in afterwards for SLI.
    March 14, 2013 12:00:29 AM

    Please someone reply and ignore the above above post about Samsung Kies. I posted It elsewhere and It ended up here. Opera Mini really sucks!
    March 14, 2013 12:54:37 AM

    Please someone reply and ignore the above above post about Samsung Kies. I posted It elsewhere and It ended up here. Opera Mini really sucks!
    a c 247 4 Gaming
    March 14, 2013 9:16:00 AM

    SuperGamerBoy said:
    All right, i am thinking of the Cooler Master Haf 932 dor Haf 912 but do these cases have good airflow and is it big enough for SLI Asus GTX 680 Direct CUII TOP 2 slot 4 gb which is a very large card.


    The HAF 912 is smaller than the HAF 922. I'd personally go for the Corsair 500R if I had your budget. It's big and roomy enough that it can handle the biggest video cards, has built in SSD support, and has a removable drive cage if space is your concern.

    Quote:

    Please someone reply and ignore the above above post about Samsung Kies. I posted It elsewhere and It ended up here. Opera Mini really sucks!


    What do you need to know about it exactly?
    March 14, 2013 9:36:29 AM

    Actually, a person in another thread was asking about where He could get Samsung Kies and so i provided him some links to download it.
    March 14, 2013 9:37:08 AM

    Actually, a person in another thread was asking about where He could get Samsung Kies and so i provided him some links to download it.
    !