Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Detection problems with evge ge force gtx 560 ti

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
January 20, 2013 3:05:12 PM

Hi I recently did a build and everything works other than the graphics card. I have tried every configuration of pci express connectors form my power supply and the only way I get anything is if I have two of them hooked up to the card and the monitor hooked to the motherboard. I have tried just using the mini hdmi to the monitor and it wont boot. Should I buy a new video card and see if it works? I already sent this one in to evga and I am still having the same problem. When i open windows it says there is a problem with detecting what's on the pci express slot and the drivers wont intall or see that there is a card. Here is what my build looks like:

Intel i5-3570k
Asus P8Z77-V-lx motherboard
Kingston hyperX 16 memory
EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti 448 cores ultra graphic card
Corsair TX750 power suppy - 60 amp single 12v rail
Asus PA246 montor
Intel 180gb ssd
1 tb wd hard drive

More about : detection problems evge force gtx 560

January 20, 2013 7:24:24 PM

Make sure that your Video card is properly plugged in first. Then check your the 6 pin connector. There should be a problem there somewhere. Your PSU is more than enough for the 560 Ti. If there is an option to turn off the iGP on your mobo, you may try that as well.

If that does not work, I gues you may try to use a different Mobo or Video card just to isolate where the problem lies.
m
l
January 20, 2013 7:27:42 PM

you plugged power into the video card?
m
l
January 21, 2013 10:22:36 PM

Yes i plugged poewr to the card. The fan spins but still no worky. It is seated fine too. Thanks for the other suggestions. I have another card on order to see if the pci port is the problem.
m
l