Random black screen and system restart

schiznit

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
not really sure where to ask this but yesterday i was just looking up stuff on google and my screen went black and then my system restarted checked for viruses and etc nothing was found didn't happen again all day just about 30 mins ago it happened again same thing just online then black screen and restart running perfectly fine again checked temps and nothing is over 40C and it seems to only happen when i'm online if i'm playing a game or anything else it runs perfectly fine any ideas what the problem is? if you need any more information please ask

teemogeek

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
this is a weird one. you can try this tho.

try browsing the internet in safemode for atleast 30mins. (i know it would be awful to run at safemode for 30mins to browse the internet). check if you'd still get those random restarts even in safemode.

if everything is okay on safemode, there might be some applications/service that might be causing the random restarts. try to remove some toolbars/add-on from google chrome (i just assumed your using this because of the "google" tag).. I had problems with some chrome add-ons/toolbars too before as it eats a lot of my resources.

let me know what happens.