New System Hardware -> Thoughts?

XenoCyanide

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
So I spent hours scouring the internet from tigerdirect.com to newegg.com to microcenter.com to find the best deals and such for an upgrade for my desktop.

Now, the curious state my current profession and hobby has put me in is that I do photo editing as well as video/film encoding and editing along with gaming (quite hardcore). The thing I'm curious about is if the hardware I chose will not create a bottleneck and if they are all satisfactory in this regard. I've done my own research as far as benchmarks and their comparability to other cards as well as their power/money output. Here are the specs:

Already Had

Power Supply: 750w
12GB of DDR3 RAM
1TB SATA HD (not sure speed)

Adding These

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 Ti
i5 3570k (Overclocking to ~4.3)
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H

Currently I am running a ZOTAC GTS 450 and while a good card that has lasted me a good long while, I need an upgrade. I knew I had to upgrade the card if I was to upgrade the CPU in fear of bottlenecking. I have also been running a really crap AMD CPU which runs at around ~2.9 GHz at a Quad level (CMI tech I -think-, so you got that whold 2 cores per thing going on).

My question is, removing the old parts and replacing with the new, would the power supply be sufficient (I didn't see anything that would push it over even ~400) and if the products I chose are very good for their price range.

FYI, I got the GTX 560 Ti for 150 bucks, and the CPU for only 180. Gotta love deals.

scragnoff

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Hi XenoCyanide!

Great finds on those deals! :)

What is make and model of your PSU?

Without knowing your PSU, I can say that the 560Ti at full load consumes 285 watts. With that, unless you've got a really unreliable PSU, you're pretty safe.

XenoCyanide

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
I honestly cannot remember the make and model of the PSU, but it has held its own when editing a music video I shot in high def. My CPU speeds and core temp went sky high (thank you desk fan) but I never saw any delay in activity due to PSU overload. I think I went a bit overboard when I purchases the 750. Bought it the same day I bought the GTS 450, ha!