Mechwarrior 4 Merc won't run

September 15, 2005 3:35:03 AM

I just got the MW4 compilation set. MW4 and MW4 Black Knight run fine but MW4
Merc doesn't. I'm running on a Dell XPS Gen2 WinXP ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
(latest drivers and DirectX 9c). After the intro video, the screen just
starts flashing. Tried highest to lowest graphics settings using the MW4
autoconfig but same results. Help !!!

More about : mechwarrior merc run

Anonymous
September 16, 2005 12:21:19 PM

Hi Tom,

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EB81A94-EFC5-43A2-9A4D-DF672F0B077B@microsoft.com...
|I just got the MW4 compilation set. MW4 and MW4 Black Knight run fine but MW4
| Merc doesn't. I'm running on a Dell XPS Gen2 WinXP ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
| (latest drivers and DirectX 9c). After the intro video, the screen just
| starts flashing. Tried highest to lowest graphics settings using the MW4
| autoconfig but same results. Help !!!

You might need to check for and install any patches available for the game and also try
a different version of the graphics drivers for you video card. Sometimes an older version
driver will work best for one particular title version.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User