What do you guys think? [new build]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzach1

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Hello, I have been reading threads from this forum for quite a while now and finally decided to ask a few questions related to a new pc build I am making. I would very much appreciate some feedback and opinions on it. The build I have is for gaming and casual internet surfing as well.

What I already bought:

-MSI Z77A-GD65 Z77 DDR3 1600 LGA 1155 Motherboards

-Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I53570K

-MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card N660 TF 2GD5/OC

What I am going to buy:

-Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

-Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop Hard Drive Bulk/OEM - WD1002FAEX

-Samsung 840 Series 2.5 inch 120GB SATA III internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7TD120BW

-Arctic Silver 3.5g High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Cooling Compound AS5-3.5G

-Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS (CX600)

-Cooler Master Hyper 212 + - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan (RR-212E-20PK-R2)

-Corsair Carbide Series Black 300R Mid-Tower Computer Case (CC-9011014-WW)

-Asus VS238H-P 23-Inch Full-HD LED Monitor

-Windows 7 premium OS

I have a DVD drive from an old PC I have. It's a Hitachi i believe? I'm not sure of the difference between the DVD-r drives honestly; I do know this one is SATA... But yeah also! If you guys can recommend me a good reliable gaming keyboard that is backlit along with a good mouse? I will be playing a wide variant of games ranging from Skyrim, Gmod, Minecraft, Sims, maybe some bf3, arcades etc. so i guess something nice. Possibly keep it in the 100 to 120(USD) price range for the keyboard and mouse combined? I prefer both to be wired because I've heard that wireless accessories are a bit iffy with connectivity and lag.

Thanks guys!

Solution
Allright here are my 2 cents

Samsung 840 ssd, If its not the Samsung 840 Pro, then its a POS(garbage) it use a different method of passing information, that its used for low cost devices(usb sticks,cheap tablets,etc). In less words, its an ssd made for the Mainstream user using cheap parts but good Drivers that make it up for the crappy ssd.

Theres a New Model Of the Corsair CX600 its called CX600m Its Modular and only 10 usd more. trust me you will love the Modular psu.

Nice choice on the Hyper 212 Plus most people go with the evo instead of the plus and thats a big mistake. Unless you are using a 2011 Socket.

About the Keyboard and Mouse, Im a real bitch when it comes to my Mouse, I have to hold them, test them in a game before...

chulex67

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Allright here are my 2 cents

Samsung 840 ssd, If its not the Samsung 840 Pro, then its a POS(garbage) it use a different method of passing information, that its used for low cost devices(usb sticks,cheap tablets,etc). In less words, its an ssd made for the Mainstream user using cheap parts but good Drivers that make it up for the crappy ssd.

Theres a New Model Of the Corsair CX600 its called CX600m Its Modular and only 10 usd more. trust me you will love the Modular psu.

Nice choice on the Hyper 212 Plus most people go with the evo instead of the plus and thats a big mistake. Unless you are using a 2011 Socket.

About the Keyboard and Mouse, Im a real bitch when it comes to my Mouse, I have to hold them, test them in a game before i purchase them. I Found Logitech to be the Perfect Brand For my Big Hands. Right Now im Using an M185 logitech and I must say im impress, the battery have lasted for 7 months, I dont get any lag while gaming with it(its wireless) and i can use it in my bed im my clothes in the floor even in my skin.

Im a hardcore gamer play mostly, games like League of legends, Starcraft, Diablo II, some rpgs and lately been downloading Arma II for the Day Z Mod from steam. I use the Keyboard alot, and hit the keys hard =(, so i keep breaking the keys of the keyboard every 5 to 8 months. Anyways.....

Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823109191

Mouse Logitech G9x
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104261

Or

Mouse Corsair M65
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816009

Remember its not about the looks, its about how it feels.

Quick Edit: You Never Build a computer part by part, why? Because if you have a Faulty Motherboard or Video Card or even in the 2% probability a bad cpu, You cant Rma them because they often only have a 1 month trial for refund. (Srry for my bad english)

Solution
Saving $100 dollars in the 250GB, and $200 in the 500GB categories is going to persuade many users to make the jump regardless of the lower write speeds. From a value perspective there is no better value, especially for those looking for large capacity SSD that exhibits overall good performance. If you are moving from a spinning SSD and size is important to you, the value is very attractive.
Samsung 840 Series TLC 250GB SSD Review HARDOCP
But not the 128GB variety. That's not such a good value, as chulex has pointed out. I might go with the tried and true Crucial M4 at that capacity.

You should read the PSU guide linked in my sig.

I use a more expensive mechanical keybord, and my ancient, trusty, Logitech G5 Mouse. The one chulex listed is the descendant, so I suspect it's the best choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS