Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonator190

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
I have an EVGA GeForce GTX 680 that runs at about 60 degrees C under load, and I was wondering if this is considered too hot, or if I should look into more coolants, and if not, what temps I SHOULD be worried about. Thanks.

Solution

60deg C is excellent for at load. I am actually an integrated circuit designer working with 28nm processes at present. 70deg C is our typical temperature for simulation and 110deg C is the max. The silicon die itself will be running a few degrees, at least in a portion or two of it hotter than that, but you are in excellent shape. The common rule is 90deg means something is wrong and 70deg measured is desirable. So you are in excellent shape.

60deg C is excellent for at load. I am actually an integrated circuit designer working with 28nm processes at present. 70deg C is our typical temperature for simulation and 110deg C is the max. The silicon die itself will be running a few degrees, at least in a portion or two of it hotter than that, but you are in excellent shape. The common rule is 90deg means something is wrong and 70deg measured is desirable. So you are in excellent shape.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.