Asus P8Z77-V LK Build - Sata Port Questions

Hello,

Ok so it's been 6 years since I built a tower......
I have the CPU, cooler, PSU, & memory installed on the board and I am to the point where I am installing the sata drives...

I have the following and am looking for help as to which Sata ports these should be installed on

- (1) Older sata 3gb/s DVD drive - (1) New Sata III 6gb/s 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD for Win 7 Ultimate & some Progs - (2) New Sata III 6gb/s 2TB Barracuda 7200RPM Drives for Data I plan on setting up in Raid 1

The mobo has 2 Sata 6gbs ports and 4 Sata 3gbs ports, by choosing to set up the 2TB drives in Raid 1 am i losing the sata III 6gbs capability of the 2tb drives because I only have 2 sata 6gbs ports? (one will have SSD drive) what drives go where?
Thanks in advance for any help, it's been a long time since I built a tower & I am not familiar with SSD drives, Sata III or RAID configs.
3 answers Last reply
More about asus p8z77 build sata port questions
  1. Put the SDD on III and the HDDs on II. No HDD can come close to even the speeds of SATA II.
  2. chulex67 said:
    Put the SDD on III and the HDDs on II. No HDD can come close to even the speeds of SATA II.

Thanks for your help.
  3. its been 2 days without Answers, Moderator please close the thread.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build SATA NAS / RAID Systems