Do I connect two separate psu cables for one video card?

noho

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007
I know this is an easy one but I build computers every 5 years or so and forgot. So I have a seasonic 750w psu with two cables that have double connectors for a standard high end video card as well as a gtx 660 ti. So should I use both cables and only connect one connector on each to the video card so as to easy the load along two channels? Or should I just plug the double end into both video card sockets?

noho

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2007
Wow quick replies! I think I'm going to use two cables then since I have no reason not to, right? There are like 4 extra slots anyway. After installing windows I'll check the benchmarks and see if it looks good.

It's a single rail power supply
Can pretty much gaurantee the dual connector cable will work, I use one to power my GTX570

personally i would use 2, technically if too much is riding on a single cable it might burn. im not saying it will happen to your case since i know seasonic uses quality parts and cables, but the thicker the cable the more load they can handle. so it is safer to user separate connections. and yes you have four so why skimp right?

Take a look, may help you to understand why the OP wouldn't be "skimping"
http://www.moddiy.com/products/Seasonic-X-Series-GPU-PCIe-Dual-6%252b2-Pin-Modular-Power-Supply-PSU-Single-Sleeved-Cables-(Red%7B47%7DBlack).html?gclid=COmh9Kyt-bQCFQqk4AodS0IAtw