User vs admin rights running TheSims

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this problem.

When I run PC-games, e.g. the TheSims, in my administrator account it works
fine. But when I try to start it as a restricted user it doesn't work. I get
the error message that there is not enough space on the harddrive to run the
game.

Is there actually a way do allocate different space on the harddrive to
different user accounts, or is this acutally some user rights problem?

I know I can easily solve the problem by using admin rights to run the game,
but then what is the use of having user accounts with restricted rights in
XP. There must be a way to let my kids use the computer for gaming with XP
safety turned on.

Greateful for any hints.
1 answer Last reply
More about user admin rights running thesims

    Hi Baste,

    Try the Sims2 patch for this type of issue:
    http://thesims2.ea.com/update/exe/release/1.0.0.994/thesims2_update.exe

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Baste" <mymodified.adress@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B98DCC79-2DA4-406C-AEF4-C361869572B4@microsoft.com...
    | Hi, I hope someone can help me with this problem.
    |
    | When I run PC-games, e.g. the TheSims, in my administrator account it works
    | fine. But when I try to start it as a restricted user it doesn't work. I get
    | the error message that there is not enough space on the harddrive to run the
    | game.
    |
    | Is there actually a way do allocate different space on the harddrive to
    | different user accounts, or is this acutally some user rights problem?
    |
    | I know I can easily solve the problem by using admin rights to run the game,
    | but then what is the use of having user accounts with restricted rights in
    | XP. There must be a way to let my kids use the computer for gaming with XP
    | safety turned on.
    |
    | Greateful for any hints.

Games Hard Drives User Accounts Windows XP