Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Graphics card turns on then off

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 21, 2013 3:29:21 AM

I've just built a new computer (hardware in signature) and everything works except for the graphics card. When I turn the computer on, the graphics card fan spins for a second then shuts off. I tried disabling the onboard graphics in device manager in safe mode and then booting up the computer with the dvi hooked up to the video card but it didn't help. I also installed the new driver for the graphics card but it still won't show up in the device manager. I was very careful installing all the parts and I have inspected carefully to make sure there are no shorts. I am at a loss and would greatly appreciate any help I could get.

More about : graphics card turns

January 21, 2013 3:31:44 AM

Sorry, not sure why the rest of the signature cut off:
8 GB AMD memory
Corsair HX650W PSU
LG Modisc BD/DVD drive
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2013 3:36:11 AM

It could sometimes be a defective card. If that's the case then you should really RMA it.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2013 6:44:40 AM

updated bios yet? try to switch on the computer with the monitor cable plugged into the motherboards VGA. If it doesnt show any signal then theres a PSU problem. however if it does i'd test it out on another system ASAP
Score
January 22, 2013 1:08:44 AM

Yeah I updated the bios and installed the newest video card drivers, I think I'm just gonna RMA it.
Score
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2013 1:39:28 AM

Let us know how it goes
Score
February 5, 2013 11:20:53 PM

I received my graphics card yesterday, and everything is working great :) . They even gave me one that's slightly better than the previous one, this one's core clock is1010 MHz instead of 925. Cheers!
Score
February 5, 2013 11:22:40 PM

Best answer selected by brendude69.
Score
a b U Graphics card
February 5, 2013 11:26:38 PM

brendude69 said:
Best answer selected by brendude69.

nWD did somthing similar but tricked me with a black label instead of blue :(  I though I had a Caviar Black for a long time until I called Customer Service
Score
!