Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Saitek X52 fkight controller

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 9:53:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

I updated my computer which runs WjnXP Pro with the 2 following updates:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saitek - Input Devices - Saitek X52 Flight Controller (USB)
saitek human input software update released on June 17 2005.

Saitek - Input Devices - Saitek X52 Flight Controller (HID)
saitek human input software update released on June 17 2005.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The flight controller now functions fully but here is the joke

I look up my "review update history"
I find the EXACT name of the update and then copy and paste it into a search
box so I may download those particilar files to move to a computer thatwill
use the Saitek on occasion that is not on the internet...and the search comes
back saying "no results were found" and to "check MY spelling". How could it
be wrong? As stated I copied the name right off the update page and now it
can't find the download it has already installed? Can someone tell me where I
may find the 2 above files just to download, not install since there is
obviously something I don't understand about this over-complicated process of
finding it?
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 4:28:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

Major Catastrophe wrote:
> I updated my computer which runs WjnXP Pro with the 2 following updates:
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Saitek - Input Devices - Saitek X52 Flight Controller (USB)
> saitek human input software update released on June 17 2005.
>
> Saitek - Input Devices - Saitek X52 Flight Controller (HID)
> saitek human input software update released on June 17 2005.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> The flight controller now functions fully but here is the joke
>
> I look up my "review update history"
> I find the EXACT name of the update and then copy and paste it into a search
> box so I may download those particilar files to move to a computer thatwill
> use the Saitek on occasion that is not on the internet...and the search comes
> back saying "no results were found" and to "check MY spelling". How could it
> be wrong? As stated I copied the name right off the update page and now it
> can't find the download it has already installed? Can someone tell me where I
> may find the 2 above files just to download, not install since there is
> obviously something I don't understand about this over-complicated process of
> finding it?

Check the controler manufacturer's web site
http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/down/drivers.htm .
I don't see a downlod specificaly for the X52. I don't know if it's
compatable with the X45's software.
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 4:28:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

"RobertVA" wrote:

> Major Catastrophe wrote:
> > I updated my computer which runs WjnXP Pro with the 2 following updates:
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Saitek - Input Devices - Saitek X52 Flight Controller (USB)
> > saitek human input software update released on June 17 2005.
> >
> > Saitek - Input Devices - Saitek X52 Flight Controller (HID)
> > saitek human input software update released on June 17 2005.
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > The flight controller now functions fully but here is the joke
> >
> > I look up my "review update history"
> > I find the EXACT name of the update and then copy and paste it into a search
> > box so I may download those particilar files to move to a computer thatwill
> > use the Saitek on occasion that is not on the internet...and the search comes
> > back saying "no results were found" and to "check MY spelling". How could it
> > be wrong? As stated I copied the name right off the update page and now it
> > can't find the download it has already installed? Can someone tell me where I
> > may find the 2 above files just to download, not install since there is
> > obviously something I don't understand about this over-complicated process of
> > finding it?
>
> Check the controler manufacturer's web site
> http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/down/drivers.htm .
> I don't see a downlod specificaly for the X52. I don't know if it's
> compatable with the X45's software.

1- it is not compatible
2- I have the software update from the vendor for the flight controller
3- as stated in the post..this is a WIN XP update

You must understand what I just said in order to render a correct response.
After you install the software update the computer continually reboots when
you try to use the device. You MUST go to the WINDOWS UPDATE PAGE and after
it scans your computer you will be presented with 2 Windows updates that have
to be installed to stop the computer from rebooting. As also stated above I
go to the WINDOWS UPDATE PAGE to review my update history and it shows they
are in fact part of the install history. I cannot be more explicit than that.
These windows updates exist. They were installed from the WINDOWS UPDATE SITE
and I need to find them. Can someone provide a link yto these files?
Related resources
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 5:25:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

Major Catastrophe wrote:
>
> "RobertVA" wrote:
>
>
>>Major Catastrophe wrote:
>>
>>>I updated my computer which runs WjnXP Pro with the 2 following updates:
>>>-------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>Saitek - Input Devices - Saitek X52 Flight Controller (USB)
>>>saitek human input software update released on June 17 2005.
>>>
>>>Saitek - Input Devices - Saitek X52 Flight Controller (HID)
>>>saitek human input software update released on June 17 2005.
>>>--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>The flight controller now functions fully but here is the joke
>>>
>>>I look up my "review update history"
>>>I find the EXACT name of the update and then copy and paste it into a search
>>>box so I may download those particilar files to move to a computer thatwill
>>>use the Saitek on occasion that is not on the internet...and the search comes
>>>back saying "no results were found" and to "check MY spelling". How could it
>>>be wrong? As stated I copied the name right off the update page and now it
>>>can't find the download it has already installed? Can someone tell me where I
>>>may find the 2 above files just to download, not install since there is
>>>obviously something I don't understand about this over-complicated process of
>>>finding it?
>>
>>Check the controler manufacturer's web site
>>http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/down/drivers.htm .
>>I don't see a downlod specificaly for the X52. I don't know if it's
>>compatable with the X45's software.
>
>
> 1- it is not compatible
> 2- I have the software update from the vendor for the flight controller
> 3- as stated in the post..this is a WIN XP update
>
> You must understand what I just said in order to render a correct response.
> After you install the software update the computer continually reboots when
> you try to use the device. You MUST go to the WINDOWS UPDATE PAGE and after
> it scans your computer you will be presented with 2 Windows updates that have
> to be installed to stop the computer from rebooting. As also stated above I
> go to the WINDOWS UPDATE PAGE to review my update history and it shows they
> are in fact part of the install history. I cannot be more explicit than that.
> These windows updates exist. They were installed from the WINDOWS UPDATE SITE
> and I need to find them. Can someone provide a link yto these files?

Your controller manufacturer SHOULD be making COMPLETE and up to date
Windows XP compatable instalation software available on 3 1/2 inch
floppies, a CD and/or downloads from the manufacturer's web site. If you
can't find a link to a download, you should use email or use the site's
web response form to contact the controler manufacturer. Most
manufacturers even make duplicates of the instalation software available
on their sites for the convenience of customers that aren't able to
locate the media that came with their device. The exceptions are usually
devices that are supported by the original (no service pack) OS
instalation packages (CDs or rescue partitions).

Microsoft has this "thing" about updates that are only designed to be
run by computers that are attached to the internet. It's common for
Microsoft's updates to consist of a small front end that does little
more than load the rest from Microsoft's servers AND start the remainder
of the update. Unfortunately the "rest of the update" is often dependent
on the small front end downloader to start. This is one of those
annoying things that Microsoft stubournly insists on inflicting on its
customers.
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 5:49:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?)

"RobertVA" wrote:

> Major Catastrophe wrote:
> >
> > "RobertVA" wrote:
> >
> >
> >>Major Catastrophe wrote:
> >>
> >>>I updated my computer which runs WjnXP Pro with the 2 following updates:
> >>>-------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>>Saitek - Input Devices - Saitek X52 Flight Controller (USB)
> >>>saitek human input software update released on June 17 2005.
> >>>
> >>>Saitek - Input Devices - Saitek X52 Flight Controller (HID)
> >>>saitek human input software update released on June 17 2005.
> >>>--------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>>The flight controller now functions fully but here is the joke
> >>>
> >>>I look up my "review update history"
> >>>I find the EXACT name of the update and then copy and paste it into a search
> >>>box so I may download those particilar files to move to a computer thatwill
> >>>use the Saitek on occasion that is not on the internet...and the search comes
> >>>back saying "no results were found" and to "check MY spelling". How could it
> >>>be wrong? As stated I copied the name right off the update page and now it
> >>>can't find the download it has already installed? Can someone tell me where I
> >>>may find the 2 above files just to download, not install since there is
> >>>obviously something I don't understand about this over-complicated process of
> >>>finding it?
> >>
> >>Check the controler manufacturer's web site
> >>http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/down/drivers.htm .
> >>I don't see a downlod specificaly for the X52. I don't know if it's
> >>compatable with the X45's software.
> >
> >
> > 1- it is not compatible
> > 2- I have the software update from the vendor for the flight controller
> > 3- as stated in the post..this is a WIN XP update
> >
> > You must understand what I just said in order to render a correct response.
> > After you install the software update the computer continually reboots when
> > you try to use the device. You MUST go to the WINDOWS UPDATE PAGE and after
> > it scans your computer you will be presented with 2 Windows updates that have
> > to be installed to stop the computer from rebooting. As also stated above I
> > go to the WINDOWS UPDATE PAGE to review my update history and it shows they
> > are in fact part of the install history. I cannot be more explicit than that.
> > These windows updates exist. They were installed from the WINDOWS UPDATE SITE
> > and I need to find them. Can someone provide a link yto these files?
>
> Your controller manufacturer SHOULD be making COMPLETE and up to date
> Windows XP compatable instalation software available on 3 1/2 inch
> floppies, a CD and/or downloads from the manufacturer's web site. If you
> can't find a link to a download, you should use email or use the site's
> web response form to contact the controler manufacturer. Most
> manufacturers even make duplicates of the instalation software available
> on their sites for the convenience of customers that aren't able to
> locate the media that came with their device. The exceptions are usually
> devices that are supported by the original (no service pack) OS
> instalation packages (CDs or rescue partitions).
>
> Microsoft has this "thing" about updates that are only designed to be
> run by computers that are attached to the internet. It's common for
> Microsoft's updates to consist of a small front end that does little
> more than load the rest from Microsoft's servers AND start the remainder
> of the update. Unfortunately the "rest of the update" is often dependent
> on the small front end downloader to start. This is one of those
> annoying things that Microsoft stubournly insists on inflicting on its
> customers.

Well that pretty well explains it and you know..it really doesn't suprise me
and YES I am all over the device manufacturer about supplying those files
but they are slow to react. They are aware that a Windows XP update is
required for their new software to run or there is problems. A lot of people
who buy that controller don't know that and consequently run into the
rebooting problem using the device manufacturer's "latest" software. It pays
to read FAQ's as droll as it can be. That how I stumbled upon the windows
update problem. Thanks for your help Robert :) 
>
April 4, 2007 9:45:25 PM

Please address the following:

1) Can I adjust the joystick's precision centering mechanism?

2) I've been having trouble with the handle adjustment system, I could not move the notch to the third or forth position

3) How do I use the progressive throttle control? I haven't experienced much flight simulation, but I think I should know how to center it in order to use it best.

4) How can I combine use both my mouse and the mouse functionality, in other words since the mouse is connected to its PS/2 port and the joystick of the X52 has that same cannector, shouldn't I buy a PS/2 to USB or maybe a dual PS/2 connector
May 2, 2007 12:34:22 PM

The drivers are on the web site I have the x52 and works great. To use special features you need to program the features with the saitek game control program. In game controllers in control panel you can change the deadzones for the joystick. It is the best flight controller in the world I've use them all.
!