Graphics Card Running Too Hot!!!

a couple of days ago i noticed two connectors in my pc were unplugged so i open the case to check it out i couldn't see anywhere for them to be plugged into so i just close the case and start up my computer and when it turned on i opened msi afterburner to monitor the heat of my cards(i always run afterburner to monitor the heat) and both of my nvidia evga gtx 560 tis were at about 55 to 60 degrees when before, the first one was about 35 and the second one was about 27. any ideas on why there both so hot now p.s. i didn't unplug anything (i think)
10 answers Last reply
More about graphics card running
  1. That is quite a leap in temps.. can you describe the connectors that were unplugged? I doub't their relevant but its worthy of note
  2. Rockdpm said:
    That is quite a leap in temps.. can you describe the connectors that were unplugged? I doub't their relevant but its worthy of note

    they were four pin molex connectors and they for the side panel fan
  3. Well there you have it... your cards might could use more airflow
  4. Rockdpm said:
    Well there you have it... your cards might could use more airflow

    ya but it was already unplugged and i couldnt see where to plug it in
  5. from what i see, you reconnected the side panel fan, maybe that wasn't a good idea, the GPU pushes heat from the top/ side however you look at it, maybe the side fan is now blowing against the air coming out so GPU cannot get rid off the heat as you're pushing it back now
  6. morne said:
    from what i see, you reconnected the side panel fan, maybe that wasn't a good idea, the GPU pushes heat from the top/ side however you look at it, maybe the side fan is now blowing against the air coming out so GPU cannot get rid off the heat as you're pushing it back now

    the side fan isnt plugged in and never was i just took off the side panel looked where to plug in the side fan and couldnt see where so i put the panel on and now its super hot p.s. the cpu is running at 27 and is fine
  7. See for cases with a side fan. you need the side fan to blow cool air across the GPU's otherwise its not doing any good
  8. chcha3 said:
    a couple of days ago i noticed two connectors in my pc were unplugged so i open the case to check it out i couldn't see anywhere for them to be plugged into so i just close the case and start up my computer and when it turned on i opened msi afterburner to monitor the heat of my cards(i always run afterburner to monitor the heat) and both of my nvidia evga gtx 560 tis were at about 55 to 60 degrees when before, the first one was about 35 and the second one was about 27. any ideas on why there both so hot now p.s. i didn't unplug anything (i think)

    i just launched my computer in safe mode with networking and now both cards are running 35 to 33 degrees
  9. chcha3 said:
    a couple of days ago i noticed two connectors in my pc were unplugged so i open the case to check it out i couldn't see anywhere for them to be plugged into so i just close the case and start up my computer and when it turned on i opened msi afterburner to monitor the heat of my cards(i always run afterburner to monitor the heat) and both of my nvidia evga gtx 560 tis were at about 55 to 60 degrees when before, the first one was about 35 and the second one was about 27. any ideas on why there both so hot now p.s. i didn't unplug anything (i think)

    i just uninstalled a couple things and now my gpus are fine thanks everyone who tried to help
  10. Yea dude no problem...
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Cases Graphics