computer specs are as follows

*compaq presario sr1030il pc
*intel 845g motherboard
*intel p4 processor 2.66ghz
*pci slot with ddr1 type

I dont want suggestions like...i should replace the pc :pfff:
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade ddr1 graphics
  1. Well, I suppose just about any PCI graphics card would work for you. What to recommend is probably going to depend on what OS you're running. If you're running Windows XP, then I'd probably just recommend the cheapest NVidia Geforce 6200 you can find. If you're running Windows Vista, 7 or 8, then I'd be looking at the Radeon HD5450.

Additionally, if you haven't already, then make sure to upgrade your RAM to the maximum amount of 1GB.

-Wolf sends
  2. Honestly, you aren't going to get very much gaming out of that machine anyway. A new low-end ($400) PC will be worlds better than that for gaming.
  3. Golu sharma said:
    computer specs are as follows

*compaq presario sr1030il pc
    *intel 845g motherboard
    *intel p4 processor 2.66ghz
    *pci slot with ddr1 type

I dont want suggestions like...i should replace the pc :pfff:

Learn to face reality friend.
  4. Fokissed said:
    Honestly, you aren't going to get very much gaming out of that machine anyway. A new low-end ($400) PC will be worlds better than that for gaming.

Where did the OP mention gaming?
  5. Is there a game in particular you are attempting to play?

It's hard to recommend if we don't know the purpose.

Assuming you want a PCI (not PCIe) video card, this is about the BEST PCI CARD you can get:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161353

You can browse the other "PCI" cards yourself. This card is TWICE as much money as a similar PCIe version but prices on older tech are often higher.

There are a few games you might be able to play with this card and your machine, but obviously nothing high-end. You could try installing this card and running some DEMOS to see what you can get.

You could try Torchlight though I'm not sure if your CPU would be good enough or not.

There are other types of games though, such as Angry Birds which would work fine...
  6. Please guys i also mentioned ddr1 slot
  7. Golu sharma said:
    Please guys i also mentioned ddr1 slot

What does DDR1 have to do with anything?
  8. That pc is bad.do not get any gpu you will be wasting you money.get new system .
  9. You will not get any pci card for your system if you are from india.
  10. Best answer
    Quote:
    Please guys i also mentioned ddr1 slot

Your system memory is DDR1. That has nothing to do with your graphics card memory, otherwise there would be no way for anyone to be running GDDR5 graphic cards since system memory is only up to DDR3.

-Wolf sends
  11. Best answer selected by Golu sharma.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards PCI Intel Graphics Product