Picking a sound card

G

I need help picking a sound card. I was thinking of going with the Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum Ex, but now I am thinking that may be a waste. I probably do not need one that good. Is the Audigy MP3+ good?

Thanks

FatBurger

Illustrious
All Audigy cards are identical, except for the OEM version, which simply doesn't have gold connectors. Otherwise, the cards are exactly the same.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!

FatBurger

Illustrious
Gold is simply to prevent corrosion, it's very common in high-end equipment. Pretty much worthless for a sound card, though.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

Octivus

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
So if I was looking for a moderately priced sound card that works great for games and mp3's you would recomend...?

:)

<i><font color=blue>If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets.</font color=blue></i>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Hercules Fortissimo II or Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.