Sign in with
Your question

Radeon HD 7660G good for gaming?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 21, 2013 12:38:35 PM

I've been planning on buying a better gaming laptop but I need some help looking for one with the graphics I'm looking for. I'm looking for something that can play games like Call of Duty, Skyrim, Far Cry etc. at a good speed with low to medium settings. I've been thinking about something with Radeon HD 7660G but I was wondering if it's good or should I look for something else? I'm trying to keep the price under 600 dollars (US currency) but going a bit over doesn't matter. If you think you can help but need some more info let me know.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
a c 160 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
January 21, 2013 12:57:07 PM

Truly, no, not so good. You will be able to play most games(probably), but you will need to play at very low settings.

You need a discreet GPU on a laptop to game properly and those laptops are not in your price range. Try finding a laptop with like HD7770M or GT640M graphics. Those are discreet cards.
m
l
January 24, 2013 3:39:15 PM

Really? Cuz My laptop of the specs that the poster had mentioned runs those games at the settings that person was wanting and then some. Then again what do I know,i'm just on it right now. Btw that would be an AMD A10-4600M with Radeon HD &7660G discrete class graphics.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2013 6:08:43 PM

its good. it would run your desired games on low-medium at your laptop's native resolution which i guess would be 1366*768. for $600 its a good deal. not to mention you get a decent quad core cpu which will help a lot as well.
m
l
a c 160 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
January 24, 2013 6:15:11 PM

OK well let me prve my point since everyone seems to be contradicting me.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-7660G.69830....

Look at the review, notice the gaming benches lower on the page.

To play ANY game, the settings will have to be set on low. Those games were all tested at 1280x1024 or 1366x768 resolution.

m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2013 6:20:08 PM

Novuake said:
OK well let me prve my point since everyone seems to be contradicting me.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-7660G.69830....

Look at the review, notice the gaming benches lower on the page.

To play ANY game, the settings will have to be set on low. Those games were all tested at 1280x1024 or 1366x768 resolution.

thats what i said. it will run some games on low while some can also be run on medium or even high. thats not too bad at all.
m
l
a c 160 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
January 24, 2013 6:22:12 PM

mohit9206 said:
thats what i said. it will run some games on low while some can also be run on medium or even high. thats not too bad at all.

Fair enough. But then a new game comes out in a few weeks, and boom, can't play it. You need a discreet card for real gaming.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 24, 2013 6:23:58 PM

Novuake said:
Fair enough. But then a new game comes out in a few weeks, and boom, can't play it. You need a discreet card for real gaming.

can't expect much from a $600 laptop.
m
l
a c 160 U Graphics card
a b 4 Gaming
January 24, 2013 6:26:58 PM

mohit9206 said:
can't expect much from a $600 laptop.

I said as much, 600 is just to little for a "gaming" laptop.
m
l
January 25, 2013 2:21:51 PM

Wow, thanks for all the help! I was wondering if it would be a better idea to get a desktop though. Could I get better performance from a desktop that's lower in price? I figured a laptop would be more convenient because I wouldn't have to worry about buying a monitor, keyboard, and mouse but if a desktop would get better performance for a lower price then I'd have money for them anyway. Sorry, if I sound really new at this it's because I am lol.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 25, 2013 4:25:20 PM

yes a desktop would be much better than a laptop for same price but ony if you are ok with building the pc yourself. pre built pc are very bad value for money
m
l
August 24, 2013 4:51:29 PM

Hey man, I know you've probably already figured out the answer, and gotten your new laptop, but I thought I'd give my input anyway. I was on Facebook one day and happened to see a Best Buy add for new Window's 8 laptops, and I was in desperate need of new laptop, so I just went for it and bought the one that seemed to have the best specs. I bought a HP ENVY m6. I have to say that the laptop itself is pretty good, and the specs aren't bad either. The laptop comes with an AMD A10-4600M APU, Radeon HD 7660 Graphics, and 6 Gigs of RAM. I paid I think $499 for it, and it runs games great. I can play Dead Space 3 on the highest quality settings with no lag.
m
l
October 19, 2013 3:51:04 PM

hierarchic said:
I've been planning on buying a better gaming laptop but I need some help looking for one with the graphics I'm looking for. I'm looking for something that can play games like Call of Duty, Skyrim, Far Cry etc. at a good speed with low to medium settings. I've been thinking about something with Radeon HD 7660G but I was wondering if it's good or should I look for something else? I'm trying to keep the price under 600 dollars (US currency) but going a bit over doesn't matter. If you think you can help but need some more info let me know.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Jk666_08 said:
Really? Cuz My laptop of the specs that the poster had mentioned runs those games at the settings that person was wanting and then some. Then again what do I know,i'm just on it right now. Btw that would be an AMD A10-4600M with Radeon HD &7660G discrete class graphics.

I have the graphics card and I play Battlefield 3 and 4, Modern Warfare 3, Black Ops 2,
Need for Speed: The Run, Most Wanted, World, Grand Theft Auto IV etc. and my graphics card can keep up with the game. Plays over 30 FPS. It may drop sometimes but still plays well. I recommend you to get a better graphics card. This one may frustrate you but if you want to keep a low price, buy this one. I play the newest games and they run well on my computer! :) 
m
l
!