Sign in with
Your question

Radeon HD 7850 Display Problems.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 21, 2013 1:01:31 PM

So I've been using this card (Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB OC Edition) for about 4 months now without any real problems. Haven't much tinkered with the OC because I don't really need to. Anyway, I'm running Windows 8 Pro and it keeps saying the older drivers are incompatible so I can't use them, which leaves only the Windows 8 Beta drivers. Kinda sucks but whatever.

Anyway, I've been noticing in some games (Skyrim, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Natural Selection II, etc.) some random artifacting. Quick lines draw on the screen and disappear as soon as they appear, and sometimes random blocking. I thought that maybe it was because of how big Skyrim is, that could be the issue considering Morrowind and Oblivion were just as bad. But low and behold, while watching Youtube about 20 minutes ago the entire video output from the card just went, and half the screen was black while the other was a mishmash of colours, representing "colourful snow" such as the static on an older TV.

Hard restart and I'm back up. But I'm curious as to whether I should have this card replaced now under warranty or if it's just these damned drivers?

More about : radeon 7850 display problems

January 21, 2013 1:26:47 PM

Check the temps with speedfan. If it gets too hot I'd replace it before end of warranty.
m
l
January 21, 2013 2:04:23 PM

Just ran 3D Mark 11 with speedfan and Ran Skyrim on Ultra with the HD Texture pack and temps never broke 69C. Any other ideas because I'm dubfounded. I thought the same as you.
m
l
!