XxInvisoShankxX

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Alright guys, the last of my parts come in on Tuesday!!

Parts:

Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4 (Overclocked to 4.5 eventually)
Corsair H80i
Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
XFX Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card (Came with Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite)
NZXT Tempest 410 Elite
Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V PSU

Peripherals:

Cooler Master CM Storm Trigger Wired Gaming Keyboard
Corsair Vengeance M60 Wired Laser Mouse
Razer Vespula Mousepad
Cooler Master Storm Mouse Bungee

Stuff I already had:

26" 720p LCD HDTV
Tritton AX 720's
Windows 8 Pro
Blue LED Antec 80mm 2x PCI Slot Fan (Helps to cool the GPU)
2 Extra Cooler Master 120mm Fans
1 Orange LED Antec 80mm Fan
2 Sets of Antec Fan Silencers
MXL 990 Large Diaphram Condenser Mic
M-Audio Mobile Pre
^ Both items above will be used for Twitch Streaming

Final cost:

Approx. $1200

What do you all think? :)

Thanks to those like Jango and others who helped a whole lot with parts!

JJ1217

Honorable
.. Any chance to change some parts. Scrap the H80i, its quite loud and not as reliable and isn't the greatest cooler either. Also scrap the 7970 from XFX, they have massive QC issues with their cards, so many issues on these and other forums about their cards. Its cheap for a reason, not to mention the cooler is lame, cheap, loud, and isn't that much better than a reference 7970 cooler. Also has rather bad VRM cooling.

Your Crappermaster PSU will also most likely crap out on itself. Anything under 1000W from Cooler Master are duds and they often lie on their total wattage output.

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

Everything else seems rather solid and all good. The most important thing out of ALL of that to change, is the PSU. People always cheap out on the PSU, and then they regret it when they have to buy another one.

I'd recommend to change to a sapphire 7970, a Hyper 212 Evo or if you want to massively overclock go for a noctua NH-D14, its silent and much better than the H80i imo. For PSU go for something like a Seasonic 620W, or if you want to CFX in the future, a 750W from Corsair/Seasonic, Enermax, Antec, Silverstone, and various other brands.

XxInvisoShankxX

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Dude the parts are all bought and most are here at my house and the PSU can't be returned haha I have been told by a lot of people their all good and work will the GPU isn't "cheap" it costs just as much as the rest of the 7970's haha and the PSU isn't "cheap" either it's a $110 well rated PSU..it's also a Tier 3 according to what you just posted.

JJ1217

Honorable
Why make a thread if you aren't willing to be criticised on your build? If you are just going to argue against someone elses opinion then it sort of goes against the point.

I've criticised your build and I feel you've spent too much money in some places and just wasted it in others. Price doesn't even reflect PSU quality either.

Tier 3 isn't that GREAT either, but its alright.

marqol

Honorable
Oct 3, 2012

I agree with most if not all of this post. In saying that, I whole-heartedly think you'll be fine with the parts you've chosen. They might have a bit of a bad rep from some but it's your first build, who cares if something isn't the best bang for your buck enjoy what you got, they'll have warranty for a few years (I hope).

you'll be safe, sound and rolling in the high quality gaming club.

Enjoy,
Marqol

XxInvisoShankxX

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013

If I had the money to spend on anything more I would have but I don't and said I've bought it all and it's all going to be here soon in fact last thing to come is the GFX card and that's today that it will get here. I wasn't looking for a criticism of parts really as it's done and bought I'm not returning I want to just finish this and start streaming my games finally, I was looking for opinions overall because I know theres better bangs for my buck and the like, if I ever want to do a Crossfire setup then I'll go and buy a 750-850W Tier 2 PSU and sell the Cooler Master I got, I like the stuff I bought which is why I bought it haha..

XxInvisoShankxX

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013

And that ^ is the kind of post I was looking for haha

Gennaios

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
just two things to say

1- (1x8)gb of ram?why to do this get at least 2x4!you really dont want to put all the processes into one stick
2-there are better 7970s like gigabytes oc edition or asus!i dont really support your xfx idea!

XxInvisoShankxX

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013

I realize right now it's way op for 720p I mean while streaming Crysis 3 on high to Twitch I get 80-120 fps and very high I get 60-80 ish but I'm going to be doing triple monitor 1080p when I buy the monitors haha

The 1 stick came with my motherboard, I will be getting a second 8gb stick within a month..

For the price I got the XFX and how it looked in my build as well as having 2 DVI-D ports outweighed those to me and I'm happy with the choice.