The Sims 2 Problems

I'm having issues uninstalling my University. I cannot remove it from the
program list nor can I use it. Also, my computer doesn't install the original
The Sims 2. Can anyone help?
1 answer Last reply
More about sims problems

    Hi,

    "RetroAction" <RetroAction@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40E55CF5-C33E-45E8-8C97-5844BFBAAE87@microsoft.com...
    | I'm having issues uninstalling my University. I cannot remove it from the
    | program list nor can I use it. Also, my computer doesn't install the original
    | The Sims 2. Can anyone help?

    Here's how to uninstall a game when using Add-Remove programs fails:

    Step A: Start your computer in Safe Mode by holding down the F8 key.

    Step B: Reinstall the game to the same folder it was installed to originally,
    and then try to uninstall it again using Add-Remove programs. If
    that fails, delete it's folder and any save games in My Documents.

    Step C: Install and Run Regcleaner and if it finds any stray registry keys for the
    game, delete them: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download460.html

    Cheers,
    Jimmy S.

    Microsoft MVP Windows XP Shell/User: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com