Terratec Sound Card

G

An article written at this site placed the Terratec Sound Card above it's competition, Creative Lab's best. He indicated the Terratec card at about 190.00. I really do like the aspects of this card, but if you go to their web site, their retailers seem to be on the order of guitar shops and music shops which seem to be price gouging from 249. to 300.
I know Terratec is world wide, but after going to places like Best Buy/Fry's, I've come up empty.
Does anybody have this card and could you offer an alternate
method to locate this card at a respectable price??
Thanks for your time.
Best wishes,
olin

King_Denim

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2002
Are you looking at the right card-I take it you mean the 6Fire 24/96?(Terratec make a few different cards!)if so they sell for about £170 on most English sites. I don't think the review came out in favour of either card as really they serve different purposes-If you do a bit of serious midi/recording then the 'true' 24bit nature of the Terratec wins the audiophile vote but the software support the Audigy card provides for games etc easily makes up for it and is still a great card.

itzo

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
I emailed Phillipe Ramelet (the author of the article) and he says that toms hardware stuffed up the figure, when editing the article. The price is actually around US$250. However I have found several german/dutch sites who have it advertised for around 220-230 euro (which is US$200) so depending on import costs, it might be reasonable.

im going to look into it anyway, as they retail for AUS$700 here in australia, so the AUS$400 card from germany could be much nicer :)

TRENDING THREADS