Reconfigure Base to use Wireless USB Adaptor

When my new computer arrives, I will use the Microsoft Setup and Networking
CD to install it as the new base, and I will want my old computer to now use
the wireless USB adaptor that I already have. The wireless adaptor uses the
same CD for its installation.

I am presuming the following order of operations so help me if this won't
work:

Old computer, disconnect cable from the router and unplug power to this
computer temporarily.
New Computer, install network software, and physically hook it up to network
via cable to the router
Old computer, power up with USB wireless adaptor already plugged in, and
having CD handy, check for access to the network.
Don't know if I need to do something before I plug in the wireless USB
adaptor or not since the firmware from the install CD and updates are
already established on the old computer. Someone previous led me to belive
there won't be a need to uninstall and reinstall the software for the
adaptor that it could be configured wirelessly as needed.

Both old and new machine using Windows XP Home Edition. Help me fill in any
gaps so it will go smoothly when I do this change.

Thanks,

Bruce

Hi,

For your old computer, just make sure you run the wizard before plugging in
the USB adapter as there's the part where it tells you when to plug in the
adapter and then it detects it plugged in.
Other than that you're good to go.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User