Hearts

I have just started getting this message when i try and play ms hearts,
anyone have an idea as to how to fix it, I did try rebooting XP with the
installation disc but it didn't work, thanks in advance
sean

Mshearts.exe – bad image
The application or DLL c://windows\SYSTEM32\MFC42u.DLL is not a valid
windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.
3 answers Last reply
More about hearts

    Hi Sean,

    "sean" <sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5D4CA35-96A2-4D69-92CA-1A45D31E3212@microsoft.com...
    |I have just started getting this message when i try and play ms hearts,
    | anyone have an idea as to how to fix it, I did try rebooting XP with the
    | installation disc but it didn't work, thanks in advance
    | sean
    |
    | Mshearts.exe - bad image
    | The application or DLL c://windows\SYSTEM32\MFC42u.DLL is not a valid
    | windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

    Since that problem just started happening recently, try a System Restore.

    How to use Windows XP System Restore:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gethelp/systemrestore.asp

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    Cheers Jimmy
    tried that, but again it dodn't work

    "sean" wrote:

    > I have just started getting this message when i try and play ms hearts,
    > anyone have an idea as to how to fix it, I did try rebooting XP with the
    > installation disc but it didn't work, thanks in advance
    > sean
    >
    > Mshearts.exe – bad image
    > The application or DLL c://windows\SYSTEM32\MFC42u.DLL is not a valid
    > windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

    If you run a search for this file you might come up with 5 different
    locations including \system32. On my machine the size of the file is
    1000Kb exactly and the version is '6.2.4131.0' . with me it was part of
    the SP2 upgrade. If you have two versions try to copy the newer one into
    your \systems32 folder and see if it gives you any joy.

    sean wrote:

    >I have just started getting this message when i try and play ms hearts,
    >anyone have an idea as to how to fix it, I did try rebooting XP with the
    >installation disc but it didn't work, thanks in advance
    >sean
    >
    >Mshearts.exe – bad image
    >The application or DLL c://windows\SYSTEM32\MFC42u.DLL is not a valid
    >windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0537-2, 09/16/2005
    Tested on: 9/19/2005 2:14:49 PM

Windows XP