Sign in with
Your question

Pc to Tv HDMI Asus GTS 450 help!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 21, 2013 4:55:25 PM

So I bought a new tv (Samsung UE40ES5500) and I'm trying to hook it up to my pc (win7 x64). I have an Asus GTS 450 and I have connected them with an HDMI cable. My pc recognizes the TV, however, the TV keeps saying 'no input signal'.
I also have an onboard HDMI output and when I connect my tv to that one it works flawlessly (so I guess it's neither the TV nor a broken cable right?) but I also want to game on my tv so that's a no go.
I have also tried disabling the onboard HDMI output in the BIOS but still nothing on the GTS450. I have the latest nvidia drivers installed. Please help!

More about : hdmi asus gts 450

a b Ĉ ASUS
January 21, 2013 5:16:15 PM

I haven't had a chance to look up the TV you have, but basically TVs tend to have three resolutions: 640x480, 1280x720, and 1920x1080. Try and go outside of those three resolutions, you tend to get the sort of issue you describe.

So assuming you have the TV set up as a second monitor, make sure the resolution is set to one of the three I mentioned.
January 21, 2013 5:28:43 PM

I double checked, it's set to 1080p which is the correct resolution. I should also mention that I can also connect my laptop to the tv without problems.
!