Sign in with
Your question

ASUS k55vm gt630m overheating issue

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 21, 2013 4:56:12 PM

Hello sir,
I have ASUS k55vm sx120D laptop purchased from pune.I am experiencing overheating issues.While playing the game "NFS most wanted 2012",my nvidia gt 630m temperatures are rising uptop 84 degree celcius.
The bottomleft part of my laptop is overheating.

What should I do for this otherwise it may burn it down.

Thanking you,

specs are:-
i5 3210m
8gb 1600mhz ram ddr3
750gb hdd
nvidia gt 630m 2gb graphics card
December 24, 2013 8:23:53 PM

Here's the solution.

Install Windows 8 64 bit.
goto support.asus.com and download Win8 64bit compatible Nvidia driver from there.

You're done !!!

The idea here is that you need to install the driver as provided by asus on their website, don't install the Nvidia driver as provided in driver installation CD/DVD.

I tried it with Win8 64 bit, don't know if the solution also works with Win7. You can definitely give it a shot. If it works even with Win7, pls post it here.

Note: There is a updated version of Nvidia driver available on Nvidia website and in Windows update. I recommend not download or install from either of them as you'll land up facing the same shut down issue again.
m
l
June 11, 2014 1:28:41 AM

there is no solution... i have had this laptop right after it came out... it would shut down from overheating while gaming(particularly games with high Field view and Dynamic lighting(high textures too)... lowering down the processing power use help to a Few(barely noticeable) extend but still shuts down... But there are no problem during winter when temperatures range from +6 to -2 degree C's(@my hometown i.e.), if you're in your coolest room even if u maxed out the graphic settings to your desired stable Frame rate(while using a cooling pad that is) you wont experince much overheating during winter... But, if u play during hot summer, there are no fix to that...

What i have tried but doesn't fix a damn thing:

1. I updated my bios
2. i disassemble it and clean all the dust and dirt.
3. bought a cooling pad(almost unnoticeable)
4. updated my graphic drivers
5. lower my power management
6. lower graphic settings(works for plenty games but doesn't work for high end games)

So, my conclusion is... this Laptop is shit. sorry But it is... These problems wont happen to people from colder northern countries, they may say this laptop has no problem, Dont listen to them... this laptop is clearly not for hot countries. there is no fix... the Company haven't helped me one bit... sell your laptop, buy a new expensive one(if youre using it for gaming)
m
l
June 11, 2014 1:31:39 AM

hitesh_62 said:
Here's the solution.

Install Windows 8 64 bit.
goto support.asus.com and download Win8 64bit compatible Nvidia driver from there.

You're done !!!

The idea here is that you need to install the driver as provided by asus on their website, don't install the Nvidia driver as provided in driver installation CD/DVD.

I tried it with Win8 64 bit, don't know if the solution also works with Win7. You can definitely give it a shot. If it works even with Win7, pls post it here.

Note: There is a updated version of Nvidia driver available on Nvidia website and in Windows update. I recommend not download or install from either of them as you'll land up facing the same shut down issue again.

m
l
!