Question regarding AW770 Wireless Headphones by Advent

Last response: in Home Audio
June 11, 2004 5:27:49 PM

Hi,

I bought a pair last August and they have been nothing but trouble. I
found myself constantly trying to set the tuner just right so that
sound distributes evenly from both left and right earphones.

And this past month I keep hearing a clicking sound coming from the
right earphone. If I turn my head in a certain way the click either
briefly disappears, or gets much louder and more frequent. :-(

I think I ended up with a lemon, which is making me not want to
purchase the AW771.

Any ideas on what the clicking noise is, or why I might have these
troubles? Or what better wireless headphone there might be out on the
market?

I just use these to listen to music, or dvd's or tv late at nite. Any
help is appreciated, thanks.

Nelson
Anonymous
June 13, 2004 2:36:34 AM

Since these are wireless, they may be susceptible to local interference. You
must realize that the bands that they use for all home wireless devices are
public bands, and are shared. This is the same for cordless phones, and many
types of wireless devices. Therefore, it is easy to have interference from
other devices in the area. The only exception are those that use Infrared
(IR) for their communications.

--

Jerry G.
=====