XFX 7870 on amd 13.1 driver (temperture please help)

Hi guys i jst want some advice i have just gome from amd driver 12.10 to amd drivers 13.1 since then i have seen my temps fluctuate higher than normal she never went above 55 degrees max since the new driver update as soon as i shut down the game amd performance shows 63 degrees is this normal and am i just been paranoied ?? ps this is a gaming pc only any advice will be brilliant many thanks in advance :)
3 answers Last reply
More about 7870 driver temperture help
  1. mark2009 said:
    Hi guys i jst want some advice i have just gome from amd driver 12.10 to amd drivers 13.1 since then i have seen my temps fluctuate higher than normal she never went above 55 degrees max since the new driver update as soon as i shut down the game amd performance shows 63 degrees is this normal and am i just been paranoied ?? ps this is a gaming pc only any advice will be brilliant many thanks in advance :)

From my knowledge, this is normal. The driver helped improve performance of the 7000 series, which means more heat.
  2. Yes, what ohJey said. The new 13.1 driver has improved the 7xxx series of cards quite a bit, so you're bound to get higher temps.
  3. ok thank you guys just one more question im still getting black flickering in games i know this is no the card because i RMA it twice and they found no fault why is the drivers causing the flickering ??
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Drivers AMD Graphics