MxO(The Matrix Online)

Alright, I have tried everything in my knowledge to fix this problem. Take
into account that I just got the game yesterday, and have been trying to get
the game to work. I have a Windows XP pc, which should be compatible with the
game as it states in the instruction booklet. I put the first disc in and
begin to intall the game, and everything runs fine, perfectly. It begins to
download. In the middle of the downloading session, it tells me to insert
disc two. Not only that(This is hard to describe so please bear with me)
there's a tool box that has the file name, D: which i'm guessing stands for
disk 2. When this box appears I have three options, ok, browse or cancel, so
I put disk 2 of the Matrix game in, and obviously I chose OK. Now, the game
seems to be downloading fine, but as it is about to complete, an error
message shows up that reports this....

Feature:Resources
Component:Resources
File d:/data3.cab
Error: Data error(Cylic redundancy check)

I tried to do the same procedure several times...it didn't work. So, a
friend of mine told me something that might help, so I clicked start, clicked
run, put in EVENTVWR and it brings me towards three colums. I am supposedly
to click application log, which I did, and all sorts of colums appear. The
next thing my buddy tells me to do is click the source button, and then
double click on application 1005, I do that, he then tells me to NOTE the
filename (I didn't have a clue what he meant by that, so if anyone does,
please tell me.) So I simply pressed the OK button, but behold it STILL
DOESN'T WORK! I am just...fed up with the game right now. If anyone could
reply to me a procedure or a list of several procedures that would most
likely fix the problem, or has went through a similar problem like this and
knows what to do, please reply here, thank you.
2 answers Last reply
More about matrix online

    Hi,

    "RiderSole" <RiderSole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:738B3C5D-E13D-490F-A7B2-810D92982DB0@microsoft.com...
    | Alright, I have tried everything in my knowledge to fix this problem. Take
    | into account that I just got the game yesterday, and have been trying to get
    | the game to work. I have a Windows XP pc, which should be compatible with the
    | game as it states in the instruction booklet. I put the first disc in and
    | begin to intall the game, and everything runs fine, perfectly. It begins to
    | download. In the middle of the downloading session, it tells me to insert
    | disc two. Not only that(This is hard to describe so please bear with me)
    | there's a tool box that has the file name, D: which i'm guessing stands for
    | disk 2. When this box appears I have three options, ok, browse or cancel, so
    | I put disk 2 of the Matrix game in, and obviously I chose OK. Now, the game
    | seems to be downloading fine, but as it is about to complete, an error
    | message shows up that reports this....
    |
    | Feature:Resources
    | Component:Resources
    | File d:/data3.cab
    | Error: Data error(Cylic redundancy check)
    |
    | I tried to do the same procedure several times...it didn't work. So, a
    | friend of mine told me something that might help, so I clicked start, clicked
    | run, put in EVENTVWR and it brings me towards three colums. I am supposedly
    | to click application log, which I did, and all sorts of colums appear. The
    | next thing my buddy tells me to do is click the source button, and then
    | double click on application 1005, I do that, he then tells me to NOTE the
    | filename (I didn't have a clue what he meant by that, so if anyone does,
    | please tell me.) So I simply pressed the OK button, but behold it STILL
    | DOESN'T WORK! I am just...fed up with the game right now. If anyone could
    | reply to me a procedure or a list of several procedures that would most
    | likely fix the problem, or has went through a similar problem like this and
    | knows what to do, please reply here, thank you.

    That type of error could mean the CD is corrupt... Check the CD
    and the CD Player. Clean both using a Cleaning Kit, and check for
    scratches on the CD. Try installing the game on another computer,
    if the game installs, the culprit is probably your CD ROM drive if it
    doesn't install then it's the CD, in which case you need to replace it.

    Before replacing the CD, try copying it to your hard drive and then
    run the setup / installation program from there. To copy the CD go
    to My Computer, Right-Click the CD, Choose "Copy", then Right-
    Click on your Hard Drive, Choose "Paste".

    Uninstall the game using Add-Remove programs before attempting
    to reinstall it. (Start / Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs).

    Here are three basic troubleshooting steps which I recommend:

    1. To see if it's a software conflict: Temporarily disable Startup
    programs one at a time, starting with Firewall, Antivirus, and ad
    blockers using: http://new.jtsoft2001.com/windows/startup.php

    You can lookup what a program does before you disable it here:
    http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php

    2. Run a virus scan at: http://housecall.antivirus.com Afterwards
    Download & Run Spybot from: http://security.kolla.de and/or
    Adaware (www.lavasoftusa.com) to remove any Spyware/Adware.

    3. Click My Computer / Rightclick the Drive & Choose Properties
    / Run the "Disk Cleanup..." / Next Click the "Tools" Tab and run
    the "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation" utilities.

    If nothing including those 3 steps have resolved the problem so far,
    here's more basic troubleshooting steps and information including:
    The Safedisc patch
    How to check CD for imperfections, and
    How to Disable Virtual CD rom drives which is described at:
    http://tinyurl.com/2387c (EA General Support Page) and also:

    How to Troubleshoot Disc-Reading Issues
    Error Messages That May Be Caused by Disc-Reading Issues
    Troubleshoot Error Messages
    Examine the Disc
    Clean the Disc
    Test the Disc in a Different Drive
    Clean the Drive
    Test Disc Read with Copy or Xcopy
    Quit Unnecessary Software
    Switch the Drive Controller to DMA Mode, and
    How to Troubleshoot DVD Error Messages is available in this
    MS Article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=321641

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

  2. sorry about the problem make sure you have directx i had a huge prob with that game and directx problems. Why are you getting that game it is so terrible the fighting is cool but to lvl and missions are all the same there is no point and now sony has it and it sucks even more no story morpheous is dead it sucks. I played beta and then won a year subscripion and only played for another 2 months and it was so borring if you like mmos id get WOW

Games Windows XP