Sign in with
Your question
Closed

13.1 AMD Catalyst 13.1 help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 21, 2013 7:35:21 PM

I was informed of the 13.1 update from the Catalyst Control Center. This is the first time I have ever had a computer I built myself, so I am unsure of what I am doing wrong. I downloaded and installed the updated drivers, but Catalyst Control Center tells me that I am still using the old drivers. What am I doing wrong? If someone could provide me a step-by-step version of what to do, it doesn't need to be that basic, I would really appreciate it.

More about : amd catalyst

Best solution

January 21, 2013 8:36:01 PM

this is how i install my drivers andworks for me i get the driver from where ever amd XFX for me as that is my cards manufacturer and rather than RUN I CLICK SAVE AND i save it to desktop then i click the exe of the new drivers and hin UNINSTALL should revert back to on board graphics if you have them when thats done i hit the same exe and then click install then presto you should be good to go
a b U Graphics card
January 21, 2013 9:02:08 PM

Method:

1) Download Driver Fusion HERE.
2) Download Catalyst 13.1 WHQL drivers HERE. but don't install.
3) Download Catalyst 12.11 CAP 2 HERE
4) Custom uninstall all AMD software through Control Panel, select everything and reboot.
5) Run Driver Fusion and clean AMD display drivers - reboot.
6) Re-install CCC and reboot.
7) Install the CAP profile and reboot.
Score
Related resources
January 21, 2013 9:34:33 PM

I actually got it to work. It was something with the download from the AMD website. A friend sent me a different download of the drivers, and it worked. Thanks for all the help.
Score
January 28, 2013 10:56:56 PM

Best answer selected by peer_o.
Score
!