l3um

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2002
Here's my story...I don't know what kind of sound card I have, my slightest guess is a Meastro or something really old. I got it in '96--LoL...Well I also bought a Yamaha 2.1 speakers with it and sometimes at night it picks up CB radio signals from tuckers and sometimes cops. It wakes me up at night and I have to turn it off...It's really weird though. Anyone else ever had this happen...maybe with a different card? And does anyone have an explanation? I'm not shitting you.

My computer is slower than molasses.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I used to hear radio signals too but my tin-foil hat and painting my windows all black solved it for me ..

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my north AND south bridges for trolls</font color=blue>

l3um

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2002
Yeah It's weird. I was wondering "what the hell's going on?" everytime I heard the voices. HAHA sounds fake, but it's not, and I'm not crazy. My brother heard it too and he was clueless...I guess that 2 year in industiral engineering doesn't help LoL.

My computer is slower than molasses.

G

I used to run with the local CB'ers. We had a local base station the next block over, and would occasionally hear the chatter on my home stereo- with the stereo powered off!
You are probably pretty close to offending CB or some of the units have been "tweaked and peaked" above legal standards ( 3 watts I believe..maybe it's 5 ) I had a friend who actually set off a microwave oven with his CB, and you could hear him on the phone line if he was talking in the driveway. Not a whole lot you can do about it unfortunately.

You'll learn something new every day. Sometimes you'll wish you hadn't