I'm also with DJ on this I feel for the performance you lose from the 670 to the 680 that the pricing does not make any sense for someone to pay the extra for it. You get the best value and keep the top tier performance within the 670. I would get the msi 670 between the two cards you have there however I personally would prefer the ASUS DirectCUII cards over it. I have the Gigabyte Windforce3 GTX670OC.

redeemer

Distinguished
MSI PE

Better cooling
TwinFrozr IV dust removal (fan spin backwards for 30 secs)
TRIPLE OVERVOLTAGE <-- This is what every other Kepler based card fail to do
Looks better -2 slot

Debatable cards have different effects on every system. And also, they are cherry picked chips so I would expect them to be just fine. And with the power edition cards I swore I remember someone saying that the bios of the current cards doesn't take advantage of the triple over volting anymore.

Don't get me wrong I do like the MSI card. I also like the tech that goes into the dusting of the card within the first 30 seconds. However, I just don't buy its the best.

[flash=560,315]http://www.youtube.com/v/FiU2IXfKjfo?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

It's because of the high oc from factory, which is way too high in some cases, with boost clock at 1137 mhz.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165758&page=8
http://www.overclock.net/t/1259425/asus-670-directcu-ii-top/480
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1696624

It's rare to see them in the market(the asus top), and they cost a lot.
MSI 670 PE is a good card, for it's price, one of the best, and since he's in the uk and with scan co uk, the 670 gtx PE is the best choice.

Link sounds very on the edge on either. I can see someone going with the MSI card as it would be a better value overall and you could always test your limits overclocking it certainly. Not all chips have the same overclock ability but where talking about a 670 nothing really needs this much power honestly.

redeemer

Distinguished

Then I guess everything sounds on the edge lol so why even bother debating?? Simply put the MSI is better built, overclocks higher, and is cheaper. So if all chips do not have the same overclock ability, why bother researching, reading reviews, csonsumer reviews?? I mean I could pick up a cheap EVGA 670 card and it could PWN both the PE an TOP variants correct??

Well what I'm saying is this and that every chip has different thresholds with power and heat. Obviously with a better cooler it is more likely then not to get a higher overclock then if you had a reference blower design card. I guess really to understand this is to know that most card makers will not bin there chips they won't specifically test them for thermal thresholds will just put in the chip they are sent/bought for your card and ship it so you may strike gold or you may strike nothing. Individual results may vary you are a smart guy you post on here a lot you should know this stuff already.

redeemer

Distinguished

Most are very well aware of the chip lottery its the same for CPU's so thats nothing new there. However feedback from forums and owners point to the MSI PE as the better card, most review sites are using cherry picked cards wheather they know it or not. So I find actual owner reviews to be many times more reliable, than those of review websites.

Well to assume is already being ignorant that they are being shipped cherry picked cards. I find general opinions of a persons experience with the card helpful but I kind of throw that away when looking at what a card can overclock to because chances are I won't reach those numbers you may get in the ballpark but the likelihood varies. I just refuse to believe that these review sites are getting shipped binned cards.

JJ1217

Honorable
Top issues were fixed I believe in a recent bios update. It was the reason why they were discontinued for a couple of months. They recently came back, and should be fixed now. The reason it wasn't stable was because it was boosting past the clocks that were stated when someone purchased the card.

JJ1217

Honorable

:lol:, normally I would agree but they still haven't fixed the 7950 DCII issue, where the cooler was badly made and doesn't make proper contact with the GPU, causing overheating and artifacts. Came out early 2012, and still happens today. Asus haven't done anything about that unfortunately. And lots of people have it. Just type in Asus 7950 faulty in google and you'll see what I mean.

Hmm, I guess not everything gets fixed. And that sucks. I would of expected a revision to the card or a bios or something hmm that sucks for them..... However normally with AMD cards I would swing more towards Sapphire's Vapor-X coolers.

maucerit

Honorable
Sep 28, 2012
I agree with everyone here 670 even though I have a 680 oc at 1230 I had extra money but if you wanna save a little go with 670. I have msi Gtx 680 pe. Highly highly and again highly suggest MSI the twin Forster is amazing! Stays under 60 degress most of the time tops in mid 60s fans at %60 seriously great card. And oc is easy with after burner.

redeemer

Distinguished

Asus has been lacking for a while now, terrible customer service among other things.

Not with there monitors if you follow there customer service with there monitors. ARR service is setup so they pay for the shipment back to them for a RMA and they also at the same time send you a monitor back when you RMA yours.

zcosmin

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
Thanks for the replies guys, i think that i will get the gtx 670 PE because i wanna save some bucks to probably get a i7 3770k instead of a i7 3570k and probably get the GA-Z77X-UP7, you guys think its worth getting that board?