Computer not recognizing my NVIDIA GTX 650 graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

feriner

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2013
I recently installed my new GTX 650. The fan works and everything is plugged in right, at least I think. The drivers in the included CD don't work with windows 8, so i tried to install the online drivers, but the installer, the auto detector, nor my computer could detect that the GPU was in there. I tried unplugging and replugging the card in, but to no avail. Any other possible solutions?

Solution
make sure in the bios with the new z77 mb that the gpu is set first (peg/pci) not ipgeg. make sure when you post the video cable on the gpu and not on the onboard video port. make sure your mb bios has all the updates. make sure you installed the newest mb chipset drivers.
make sure in the bios with the new z77 mb that the gpu is set first (peg/pci) not ipgeg. make sure when you post the video cable on the gpu and not on the onboard video port. make sure your mb bios has all the updates. make sure you installed the newest mb chipset drivers.

Solution

tenaciousk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
Just to cover all the basics....i had a client to this once..... Couldn't get his graphics card to work brought it over my place. He had it plugged into the motherboard but did not plug it in with the power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS