austin020690

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Just looking for some imput on my upgrade due to a serious inner debate i've been having on my next gpu purchase. I've been browsing around trying to find information about the upcoming amd 8000 series and due a lack of in depth knowledge on gpu's, i was unsure if there is an validity to the rumored specs and release of the amd 8000 series in q2 of this year. If the release date is accurate would the rumored specs be a significant enough upgrade to warrant waiting an extra 3-5 months for the 8970 rather than purchasing the sapphire 7970 ghz vapor x card now?

the rumored specs i was referring to
http://neogadgetreview.com/amd-8970-and-amd-8950-first-signs-of-its-features.html

ashharun

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
It always depend how long you can wait and pay. Even if the release date is accurate, AMD card always overprice in their first launch, its because nvidia still not release their new series yet and can't compete with AMD for the moment so AMD will always make the price higher.

Augman11

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
ashharun has it right, even if the release date is accurate, plan to wait a while after that even to buy the card you want, unless you want to throw money away. it all factors how long you want to wait

TRENDING THREADS