Display problems PLEASE HELP

pistolpete007

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
I was using my desktop computer connected to a 19" flat screen monitor for the last 6 mths i have had the desktop connected to my 42" tv and was using that as my computer screen through the VGA port, I have connected it back up to my original 19" monitor and when you switch the monitor on all it says on the screen is a box floating around a black screen saying no data supported I have asked a few friends and they are saying that it something to do with the graphics properties or something but i am not sure how to correct this my graphics card is a Nvidia 8400gs I have plugged the monitor into a friends desktop to check that it is still working and it works fine, can someone please help as i am at wit's end with and i am sure there is a simple solution.

Thanks in advance
Pete

tenaciousk

Honorable
Jan 18, 2013
hmm, i use to have this card and had no problems, can you plug it into your monitor with DVI or HDMI? Maybe you can plug the computer back up to the tv, uninstall the graphics drivers, plug it into the 19 inch monitor with stock graphics then if it does work reinstall the graphics drivers?

pistolpete007

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
If i understand you tenaciousk i uninstall the nvida graphics card and then plug the 19" monitor in and then re-install the driver, does that mean that there is a graphics chip in the mother board cause without the graphics driver then surley it would not display anything? sorry i am a bit lame when it comes to these things and am no expert....... lol