Closed Solved

GTX550 Ti

Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy a new gpu.
What card do you recommend?
Im looking at Inno3D GTX550 Ti 1gb ddr5 192bit hdmi.
Any other suggestions?

Board: MSI 740GTM-P23
CPU: Phenom II X4 840 @3.2
RAM: 3gb ddr2
PSU: 600W

Will there be any incompatibility issues? bottleneck? etc.
Im not planning to overclock or any stuff like that.

Thanks
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gtx550
  1. An AMD Radeon 7770 will do better at around the same price than the 550 Ti.
  2. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202011

This card should fit your needs and at a good price
  3. As the others have said, I would go with a 7770.
  4. As much as i wanted to. But the availability of that card here in my area is kinda obsolete.

I might stick with Inno3D GTX550 Ti 1gb ddr5 192bit hdmi,
    My concern is whether if this card will work on my current setup.

Thanks
  5. Best answer
    IT will work, but you will be getting an awful deal because it's a bad card. Just order it online.
  6. Thanks, appreciated. But will it have any bottleneck? Because I think my board is kinda old.

Why is it a bad card? I'm not gonna use it for intensive gaming anyway, some casual moba games every weekends only.
  7. Best answer selected by truefalse.
  8. I don't see much potential bottlenecks in your system. You just have to know that the 550 Ti is designed for 1680x1050. If you're gaming at 1080p, these days you're having to step up to a 7850 or 660 if you want to guarantee that you can play on high to max. 550 Ti might handle medium settings at that resolution. A 7770 will not be able to handle everything at 1080p either.
  9. I'll keep talking even though you already selected best answer. The reason it's a bad card is because you could get a better card for the same price, and less in some case. Even if you don't care that much about gaming; you would still prefer more for the same price right? Also I can't imagine there would be a system bottleneck. Even though that is an old mobo, 1.0 should be fine for a card of that strength.
  10. 550 Tis were priced uncompetitively for most of its life. Recently though they've dropped to $70 after rebate on a few occasions. I've never seen a 7770 under $90 after rebate.
  11. Quote:
    I don't see much potential bottlenecks in your system. You just have to know that the 550 Ti is designed for 1680x1050. If you're gaming at 1080p, these days you're having to step up to a 7850 or 660 if you want to guarantee that you can play on high to max. 550 Ti might handle medium settings at that resolution. A 7770 will not be able to handle everything at 1080p either.

Thanks, that's all I want to know.

Quote:
    I'll keep talking even though you already selected best answer. The reason it's a bad card is because you could get a better card for the same price, and less in some case. Even if you don't care that much about gaming; you would still prefer more for the same price right? Also I can't imagine there would be a system bottleneck. Even though that is an old mobo, 1.0 should be fine for a card of that strength.

You're absolutely right. Thank you very much, appreciated.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics Product