Which video card for AMD 1600+ and Abit KG7?

G

I'm building a system -- AMD Athlon 1600+ XP and Abit KG7 mobo. I do mostly video and graphics; very little gaming. I have a firewire card and want to do more video editing. Any suggestions for a reasonable priced video card? Thanks!!

King_Denim

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2002
If you have got a firewire card and you are using DV then the capturing is already dealt with so you really just need the editing software so check out stuff from pinnacle or if you can afford it Premiere and a cheap dual head graphics card card like a Matrox G450. If you want a card for gaming then ATI(7500&8500) & Nvidia(GF3&GF4) have some good ones. The 7500 AIW is a good allround video card and is good value.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I wouldn't go with the AIW R7500 for gaming though. Look at the R8500 retail. They're around $160 now, and you can get excellent performance for a cheap price.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

If you are looking for a Display card to go with the system then I recommend the Matrox cards, G450 or G550.
I had bad experiance with the rest, except the G-Force 4 that I fully intend to try soon.

If you are looking for a Capture/Edit card you will have to give little more info -
Do you need Analog in as well as the DV/Fire wire you allready have ? How mush real time are you looking for ? Are you looking for a card that can excelerate Mpg2 exports for DVD ? Price range and such...

I have a review of the Pinnacle Pro-One Vs. Canopus DV Storm at my site. You might want to take a look at it.

Intel / AMD - <A HREF="http://www.llnl.gov/asci/news/white_news.html" target="_new">IBM are still the best</A>