No Graphics Card. Want to connect only monitor via HDMI

ytnimaje

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Hi!

I have built a PC mobo GA-Z77X-UP5 TH. It has D-Sub, DVI and HDMI connection on back panel.

I have only one monitor. And it is "iBall Sparkle 2304" Full HD LED monitor with resolution 1920x1080@ 60Hz. It also has HDMI, DVI and Analog (VGA) signal inputs.

When I'm connecting D-Sub Port from the PC to monitor, it is working fine. However instead of it, if I'm connecting HDMI port from PC to monitor, nothing is coming on screen. I'm not using any adoptor or converter.

So connected both: first D-Sub which is working fine. After starting machine connected HDMI . The screen goes blank for moment and re-appears. I checked in OS display setting and it is taking HDMI as second display and D-Sub as first.

I interchange and made HDMI as primary. But after restarting, screen goes blank. So I have to unplug HDMI cable.

Since I have only one monitor, I want to use it via HDMI as primary. Please let me know how this can be done. Can this HDMI also trasmit audio o/p also to my monitor, which is having in-built speakers?

ytnimaje

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013

I set HDMI primary at OS level.

Do I need to change BIo

ytnimaje

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
resolved the issues. By default, monitor was set to D-Sub. There is a button to select different source option. After selecting HDMI, now I can get both audio and video via single cable.