Trouble Playing Settlers 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've looked all over the internet for a solution to this but have failed.
When I try to play Settlers 3 on windows xp i get the following error:
Kernal32 call does not point into KERNEL32.dll. Virus or incompatible
systemanalyzer detected! (#3000)

I could play settlers 3 fine before on my old computer running on Windows ME.
I have done a virus scan and found no viruses throughout the computer.
Bluebyte have not provided a patch saying that the game was not designed for
Windows XP.

Can anyone help me? :'(

Hi,

"c00l_b0y via WindowsKB.com" <forum@WindowsKB.com> wrote in message news:54CE0EDF7FFD8@WindowsKB.com...
| I've looked all over the internet for a solution to this but have failed.
| When I try to play Settlers 3 on windows xp i get the following error:
| Kernal32 call does not point into KERNEL32.dll. Virus or incompatible
| systemanalyzer detected! (#3000)
|
| I could play settlers 3 fine before on my old computer running on Windows ME.
| I have done a virus scan and found no viruses throughout the computer.
| Bluebyte have not provided a patch saying that the game was not designed for
| Windows XP.
|
| Can anyone help me? :'(

Try installing and playing that using 95/98 Compatibility mode.

To install a program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode, hold
down SHIFT as you insert the game CD, use My Computer to browse
to the setup program, and then skip down to step 1 in the list below:

To run an installed program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode,
first right click the program and "Send To..." / Desktop (create shortcut).

1.. Right click on the shortcut to the program.
2.. Click on Properties.
3.. Click on the Compatibility tab.
4.. Click on Run this program in compatibility mode and select one of these:
a.. Windows 95
b.. Windows 98
c.. Windows NT 4
d.. Windows 2000
5.. Under Display settings, check mark the mode that you think that is best:
a.. Run in 256 colors.
b.. Run in 640 X 480 screen resolution.
c.. Disable visual themes.

Click on Apply.Click on Ok.Double click on the program.

Of course, let's not forget to check for any patches or updates for that game.
A good place to find them is: www.avault.com/pcrl/patches_list.asp?letter=a

If you'd like to learn more information about compatibility mode, you can click the
link in the Compatibility tab that reads "Learn more about program compatibility",
or watch this Application Compatibility Power Point Presentation:
http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/webcasts/wc112202/WC112202.ppt

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

Just tryed that and it laughed in my face with the same error again! :'(
When I installed the game there was an error at the end of it and some
program had to close. help again?

bhabiiexiv

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Hi! I'm really having a hard time with my Settlers 3 game. I got the game with my first computer which was a Windows 98 i think. I used to play the game almost everyday. Then we had to buy a new computer because the old one broke. It's a Windows XP and I think I know how to play the game on it. But that computer is really slow so I want to play it on my laptop which is a Vista. I've installed it but it won't play and says:

Kernel32 call does not point into KERNEL32.dll. Virus or incompatible Systemanalyzer detected! (#3000)

I'm sure that my laptop doesn't have any viruses so I'm guessing it won't play because it's incompatible.

Could you please just tell me what I need to do to play The Settlers III on Vista??

nexgen

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2008
Kernel32 call does not point into KERNEL32.dll. Virus or incompatible Systemanalyzer detected! (#3000) == this is a simple problem

just download the crack from below
http://www.siedler3.de/faq/faq3.htm#3-009-0

paste it to the settlers 3 installed folder, appear a msg you want to replace it? click yes, close the folder. open the game. if u start a campaing then u have to put the serial no which is in the settler 3 cd as a serial.txt file...

FOR XP.. ..enjoy..

Wrath68

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
Im having trouble with Settlers III aswell and it tells me the same, and since im not using a deutch client id like to know if everyone knew a crack likewise for enligsh users.. ive already tried the deutch even though its a enlish client and as expectet it didn't work

Hey everyone

I have played this game for the last 5 years (On/Off). Since then i have been buying it over and over again because the discseither stop working or get scratched...

Anyways, If your on vista and you get the kernal32 systemanalizyser crap, try the few steps below

Here is the way i got it working....

1) Install the game. I used the full installment and edited nothing.
2) Once installed, drag 'the settlers 3' under bluebyte from the start menu ioto the desktop
3) right click on the icon and click 'run as administriator'

It should go blank then load up.

If it doesnt work i'm sorry :(
(This might work for XP, im not sure....)

Thanks Guyz!

Good luck all!

hello guys

i read ur whole blog but it contains problems nothing similar to the one i have with settlers III. i m on vista and when i play the game it says a problem has occured which has closed the program. i hav done everything you told on the blog, but nothing worked.... pls guys help!

the problem i'm having also isnt mentioned in this thread.
i'm running vista at the moment and i have the game installed.
i tried the solution that involved downloading the crack, and that let me get the game running, but there was no serial.txt file on the cd that i could find.
before i tried this, when i ran the game a notice came up saying 'Siedler3 has performed an illegal operation and had to be closed' or something along those lines.
any solutions?

the problem i'm having also isnt mentioned in this thread.
i'm running vista at the moment and i have the game installed.
i tried the solution that involved downloading the crack, and that let me get the game running, but there was no serial.txt file on the cd that i could find.
before i tried this, when i ran the game a notice came up saying 'Siedler3 has performed an illegal operation and had to be closed' or something along those lines.
any solutions?

Did you get this working as im having the same problems and cant sort them out? Help me please. lindsayk1979@hotmail.co.uk

andrew84uk

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
To all you people having problems with this game under vista/windows 7

Just download this file: ftp://ftp.bluebyte.com/updates/s3.exe (XP 1.60 Patch)

Copy this into your C:\BlueByte\Settlers3 (or where ever s3.exe is)
Overwrite the main exe file with the one you downloaded.

In Vista/Windows 7, right click the executable s3.exe and put it in compatibility mode for windows 98/me.

I have it working for windows 7 / vista. :kaola: :love:

I ve done what you said, and i got this error "errorStructured Exception c0000005 occurred at 0x005BFC92. Read from 0 failed " any ideas?
I´m running it on vista... help =S

I have done all of that and more everything that everyone has told me exactly! my problem is when i open it, it says "File siedler3_00.f8007e01f.dat not found!" help please!!?!?!

Thank you :D!!!

lets me open the game i try and play a scenario and then the game goes off, and then i get a structured exception error message

2bzar

I have done that, and now it is actually opening, but when I try to play a campaign or single scenario it asks for my cd key, and does not accept the key from my actual game

BT NFS

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
I ve done what you said, and i got this error "errorStructured Exception c0000005 occurred at 0x005BFC92. Read from 0 failed " any ideas?
I´m running it on vista... help =S

Yes I have the same problem. Can anyone help_?