Sign in with
Your question

Making a GTX560ti Quiet

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 22, 2013 2:41:48 PM

Hello,

Does anyone have any advice on how I can make my GTX560ti card a bit more quiet? The noise from the fans is pretty loud at the moment.

It's inside a Novatech Prowler case at the moment (don't know if that's related though)

More about : making gtx560ti quiet

a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2013 2:48:50 PM

Hey,

Here are some tips:

Download a program like MSI Afterburner, and create something called a custom fan profile. Make sure your temperatures are in a safe range before attempting this. By creating a custom fan profile you can choose how the fan reacts to specific temperatures. What you would be doing is lowering the fan speed gradually, starting out high (to make sure you don't damage your card), and then you test the fan speed and temperatures with a game or benchmark. Keep a close eye on your temperatures. If they are fine, then lower the fan speed in the fan profile and repeat the process.

Open your case, and make sure your cable management is good. Also clean out any dust from your case, and the graphic card.

Hope this helps!
January 22, 2013 2:54:42 PM

Thanks, I'll give that a go this evening!
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2013 2:58:48 PM

fil1p gave out the same recommendations I was about to give.

I highly recommend you to keep the temperature under 75c though. In Afterburner, set the fan speed to 70% or higher when temps go higher than 75c.
January 22, 2013 3:05:05 PM

EzioAs said:
fil1p gave out the same recommendations I was about to give.

I highly recommend you to keep the temperature under 75c though. In Afterburner, set the fan speed to 70% or higher when temps go higher than 75c.

That's great, thanks! Having just looked at the manual for MSI afterburner I was coming back to ask what I should set things to. :) 

Is it just setting the fan speed for temps above 75c that I need to set, or should I make some other changes as well?
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2013 3:09:00 PM

It's custom, if you want quiet operation, you can set the fans to spin at 40% or so when temps are below 50c, 50% at 60c, 60% at 70c. Just my recommendations. Play with it a little bit.
January 22, 2013 3:16:02 PM

Shall do! Thanks for the recommendations!
a b U Graphics card
January 22, 2013 3:32:35 PM

No problem, let us know how it goes or if you need help.
a c 173 U Graphics card
January 22, 2013 6:18:54 PM

Which 560 Ti to be exact that you have, making the fan speed lower isn't always the best idea as it will allow the vram and power vrm on the card to overheat. You could look into a low cost diy liquid cooling loop just for the card or going aftermarket for the cooler.

Larger high cfm low rpm fans will allow for low noise but decent performance cooling.
January 22, 2013 6:35:04 PM

Device manager says its an Nvidia Geforce GTX560 ti... Does that help?
!