Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Gpu voltage insanely low

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 22, 2013 3:48:52 PM

Alright so i've overclocked my video card and played metro 2033 for a bit some other games as well. But today I was playing far cry 3 and it crashes on me im wondering if my overclock is unstable, but i look at gpu-z and my voltages drop into the negatives! like this

Is this gpu-z not reading the voltages right or something i really dont understand, i bumped up the voltages a bit on my oc and it still happens, i could bring my oc down but i dont think that the voltages should ever read that low.

Specs
phenom II x4 965 BE
His iceq 7870
gigabyte 990fxa ud5
ocz fatil1ty 750w psu
8gb gskill ripjaws
a c 180 U Graphics card
January 22, 2013 3:52:15 PM

Run everything at stock.
Score
January 22, 2013 4:01:32 PM

Yea its my oc cause i dropped it down and it blue screened, i thought i added more voltage but when i hit apply in his iturbo it set it back to stock lol not sure why i probably should just use msi. the thing that sucks is i really wanna get a stable oc on my memory clock cause far cry 3 was running so much better.
Score
Related resources
January 22, 2013 4:03:10 PM

Any suggestions? Im not really good at ocing my gpu.
Score
January 22, 2013 4:07:33 PM

Well now i realize maybe the votage is locked on mycard? everytime i try to bump the voltages it sets them back to stock.
Score

Best solution

a c 107 U Graphics card
January 22, 2013 4:23:09 PM

Those readings have to be messed up. Crashing in a game after overclocking is almost certainly an issue with too much overclocking. Keep it at stock and see if it works right.

I would ignore the voltage readings if they keep showing that.

If you have a multimeter you can check the voltage of your power supply from one of the molex(LP4) connectors Black -> Yellow is 12V DC +/- 5% for most power supplies.

No way the system would run with those voltages.
January 22, 2013 5:20:22 PM

Well thank you i got it stable now just added a bit more voltage for some reason it wouldnt let me put it up .02 i had to increase it my .05 before it would stick. Thanks for the replies!
Score
January 22, 2013 5:20:35 PM

Best answer selected by Davschall.
Score
a c 107 U Graphics card
January 22, 2013 5:22:28 PM

Well that is a very small bump. I would not guess you can harm it with that :) 

Just keep an eye on it for a while to ensure nothing else strange is happening.
Score
!