Gpu voltage insanely low

Status
Not open for further replies.

davschall

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Alright so i've overclocked my video card and played metro 2033 for a bit some other games as well. But today I was playing far cry 3 and it crashes on me im wondering if my overclock is unstable, but i look at gpu-z and my voltages drop into the negatives! like this
60r.png

Is this gpu-z not reading the voltages right or something i really dont understand, i bumped up the voltages a bit on my oc and it still happens, i could bring my oc down but i dont think that the voltages should ever read that low.

Specs
phenom II x4 965 BE
His iceq 7870
gigabyte 990fxa ud5
ocz fatil1ty 750w psu
8gb gskill ripjaws

Solution
Those readings have to be messed up. Crashing in a game after overclocking is almost certainly an issue with too much overclocking. Keep it at stock and see if it works right.

I would ignore the voltage readings if they keep showing that.

If you have a multimeter you can check the voltage of your power supply from one of the molex(LP4) connectors Black -> Yellow is 12V DC +/- 5% for most power supplies.

No way the system would run with those voltages.

davschall

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Yea its my oc cause i dropped it down and it blue screened, i thought i added more voltage but when i hit apply in his iturbo it set it back to stock lol not sure why i probably should just use msi. the thing that sucks is i really wanna get a stable oc on my memory clock cause far cry 3 was running so much better.

Those readings have to be messed up. Crashing in a game after overclocking is almost certainly an issue with too much overclocking. Keep it at stock and see if it works right.

I would ignore the voltage readings if they keep showing that.

If you have a multimeter you can check the voltage of your power supply from one of the molex(LP4) connectors Black -> Yellow is 12V DC +/- 5% for most power supplies.

No way the system would run with those voltages.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS