Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading from a HD Rad 5770, and some other questions relating.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 22, 2013 6:05:13 PM

Hello. I'm new here and am looking for some help. I am looking to upgrade from the aging but faithful 5770 to something a bit more powerful, any suggestions? Touching on that, I only have one, six-pin PCIE connector and am not sure how the Molex to six-pin works, so if someone could inform me, that'd be great!

I apologize if these are some silly questions, I am not all that technically minded.

Thanks.

January 22, 2013 6:20:38 PM

LeeBristow said:
Hello. I'm new here and am looking for some help. I am looking to upgrade from the aging but faithful 5770 to something a bit more powerful, any suggestions? Touching on that, I only have one, six-pin PCIE connector and am not sure how the Molex to six-pin works, so if someone could inform me, that'd be great!

I apologize if these are some silly questions, I am not all that technically minded.

Thanks.

EDIT: *cough* just saw the sticky:

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Unsure as of yet. BUDGET RANGE: £100 - £175

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Crysis 2, Guild Wars 2 (my card struggles) GTA Series

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: ATI Radeon HD 5770

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: i5 unlocked 4.3GHz quadcore, 12 GB of RAM. MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z/GEN3 MoBo

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Amazon. COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: England

PARTS PREFERENCES: I am open to any credible brand (ATI, Nvida, Sapphire, ASUS, so on and so forth...)

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe. SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Would like to be able to run high-end games at max settings.

Sorry, didn't see the sticky.
!